Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hope sheltie mix small times up! Blackwell pound, OK

Discussion in 'Adopt a Sheltie' started by Danny's mommy, Apr 12, 2012.

1. hrcarol

hrcarol Forums Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2012
    Atlanta suburbs
    Wow! I think that all sounds great! I was just thinking of a email list w/ names and locations so that when there is a dog in need we could look at the list and see who is closest. Email them and see if they are willing to pick up the dog. But, if we are going to transport a dog to another part of the country then it's going to be a lot more complicated. Hmmmm. Let's start a thread.
    The rescue I foster for does everything through Facebook. It works really well because they can reach so many people at once. They post a picture of the dog and people can respond, comment or share. An actual email and application process is required to foster/adopt. Not sure if that could work for us since the dogs and volunteers are scattered over the country. But, it's something to consider.

2. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    BAD news.:( hope is still at the pound and in danger of being PTS. The rescue couldn't get her. I am at my wits end.

3. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    facebook group would be a good idea.
    I would totally sign up.
    sadly, not much need for help in the bay area of CA, but I can/will drive as much as I can in a day to help transport these guys.

Cindy

4. Danny's mommy

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    I am not on facebook. For some reason I cannot get on. Could somebody put her on facebook?

5. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    i just talked with John, Hope is still there, the rescue left a email that they were unable to come today. he is not sure exactly what that means, like, not coming today, maybe tomarrow, etc. he is holding on to her as long as he can. i really want Hope, so still trying to figure a way to get her here, she is in OK, and i am in WA, seattle area

6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    well, I am SF area, so I could transport her part of the way to you, Rose.

Cindy

7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I think the idea of a list of willing transporters from Sheltie Nation would be fabulous and I would participate. Thanks to mmcginty for the technical input and willingness to help!

I can't stand the thought of something happening to Hope when Rose really wants to adopt her.

Are there members here from Oklahoma or anywhere near that would be willing to help if the rescue organization falls through? PLEASE?? :sadsmile:

8. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    no new news on Hope. the shelter phone is on answering machine, so i emailed again.

9. Danny's mommy

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    If nobody can get Hope soon it will be John, the dog warden, decision if he can keep Hope safe until April 28th. Linda at Sheltie Shack said a transport can get her then. She would have a place to go. It's not like nobody wants her it is just getting her out of the pound and to them or waiting until the 28th for the transport. Hope needs a miracle. I don't understand the rules at dog pounds and if they can make exceptions to them. I tried talking to John but get no answer so all I can do is wait for an email.

10. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Is there anyone that is willing to get her out of the shelter and hold her until rescue or Rose can figure something out?