Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Dickens goes off-leash in the park.

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by Mignarda, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    The weather settled down enough for Dickens and me to have our Sunday walk at Silver Lake Park in Dover. There's a small section near the lake where I can let him go off-leash, and he really enjoys it, although as you can see he stays pretty close. Incidentally, I've seen discussions on the forum about male dogs lifting their legs; whether it's learned or instinctive. If I had only Dickens to go by, I'd say it's instinctive, because he's had no male dogs to learn it from. He started doing it on our walks, and now he's a champion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJNsR0d5JYg&feature=em-upload_owner

2. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    I like the captions :smile2: Dickens is really focused on checking back with you , great job!

3. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    He sure had fun didn't he? What a cutie, he's a busy boy at the park, and very well behaved. Our old dog (a cockapoo female) used to love to mark with urine at parks, she's go in spots all over the place, never seemed to run out :lol:. Dickens is a good canine citizen.

4. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Nice video, thanks for sharing. Dickens is a perfect example of a good Sheltie ambassador. What a handsome young man he is and I love his eyes. You did a great job training him and he looks pleased with himself. :smile2:

5. mellie

mellie Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2011
    East Coast
    I just love his face -such a gentle expression. Looks like a fun place to explore.

6. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    Awesome video :smile2: With the leg lifting- for Ruutu it's learning. He has no male role model as Honey is female, but he doesn't ever lift his leg. Then when we go to PA where my parents only have male dogs (2 shelties, 1 yorkie) he comes back with him lifting his leg. After a few weeks, he goes back to squatting. Next trip up, he comes back lifting his leg again... etc etc. It's a revolving pattern :lol:

7. Sheltie4

Sheltie4 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2013
    Kansas City
    What a beautiful boy!

Thanks for sharing!

8. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Nice vid, Dickens behaves a lot like Merlin in the park:smile2: