Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Ears again

Discussion in 'Grooming' started by Abigail's Mom, Jun 30, 2010.

1. RonandJan

RonandJan Forums Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2009
    Windward, FL
    And also, I think most of us use the term glue when we really mean tape.

It is a personal decision. Cleveland's ears were pricked and he was just adorable. We taped MMM's and he is just adorable.

We do not shop big boxes and we refuse to eat a western diet or anything bought from a traditional grocery store but these are personal decisions and values that cannot be imposed upon others.

It's all personal choices.:yes:

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    she is a super cute pup- if you like the tipped look- go for it :smile2:
    I'm keeping Cranberry's ears under strict inspection :yes:

3. Smiling Sunny

Smiling Sunny Forums Regular

Jul 6, 2010
    Southwestern Ohio
    Agility and ears?

If I do not glue Sunny's ears can she still run in agility competitions?? I do not want to show her, I would rather let her run :)
    Anyone know?

Amanda and Sunny:razz:

4. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Absolutely! Your dog doesn't even have to be purebred to run in agility competitions, much less meet the AKC standard. Our agility dog Bentley has prick ears (pointy) because we gave up with the tape/glue.

5. Smiling Sunny

Smiling Sunny Forums Regular

Jul 6, 2010
    Southwestern Ohio
    Yea, I would rather not go through the hassle (and the wallet) to glue her ears. I like her just the way she is. :)
    Thanks Corbinam!

Amanda and Sunny

6. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Not necessarily. I was taught by both my breeders to glue, not tape. So when I say glue, I mean glue! (Probably should have taped though, and I would have avoided building the Berlin Wall between Bacca's ears with glue! :rolleyes2::wink2:)