Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Blue-Eyed Poll

Discussion in 'Sheltie Colors' started by Phebe*DD, Mar 25, 2011.

My blue-eyed Sheltie is a ...

1. Female, 2 blue eyes

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Female, blue eye on the right

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  3. Female, blue eye on the left

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. Male, 2 blue eyes

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  5. Male, blue eye on the right

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  6. Male, blue eye on the left

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Phebe*DD

Phebe*DD Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    It's probably just a coincidence, but it seems like every time I meet a dog with a single blue eye, the blue eye is on the right side. I thought it might be fun to do an informal poll to see if blue eyes occur predominantly on one side or the other, and if they do, is the incidence the same or different among males and females.

2. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Diva's blue merle puppy girl Shiraz has 2 blue eyes. But in her right eye, she has a fleck of brown. Sangria has a fleck of blue in the right eye in the same place as Shiraz's brown fleck.

Rachel co owns a blue merle girl named Cassi. Cassie has one blue eye and it is on the right side.

Grizz's bi blue litter sister Aveda has one blue eye also on the right side.

Weird. I am interesting in the results of the poll as I have never noticed that before. All girls. I don't know a male with a blue eye. I mark the poll female right blue eye as I know 2

3. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    We year and years ago had a male sable merle who you'd never thing upon looking at him since his coat got darker and darker as he aged...but yes he had a blue fleck in his right eye.

4. Crouton

Crouton Forums Regular

Jan 30, 2011
    West Hollywood, ca
    Well with Crouton the bottom of her right eye is blue but the inner corner of her left eye is blue. Though the majority of the blue is in her right eye.

5. Emma

Emma Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2011
    Kentucky
    Emma has one blue eye and one dark brown eye...blue eye is on the right. Her sister BB (my daughter's Sheltie) has her blue eye on the left side and dark brown eye on the right.

6. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

Interesting poll Phebe. Gypsy's blue eye is on the right and she can give you the attitude with one good look out of that eye.:yes::uhoh:

7. ClantyreSheltie

ClantyreSheltie Forums Sage

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    My litter had two blues, each with one blue and one brown eye, on opposite sides. So I cancel myself out. : )

8. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Noah, a blue merle, had a brown right eye. The left eye was half brown, half blue, but you didn't really notice the brown as it was the top half of the eye.

9. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    What an interesting thread! Thanks for doing this.

Dandie, a blue merle, has brown eyes.

Her right eye does have a blue fleck covering about 1/4 of her right eye.

Do I answer the poll since her eyes are technically brown?

10. suristo

suristo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2011
    Kentucky
    Very interesting poll! :) My blue merle doesn't have blue eyes, lol. But I'm definitely curious to see the results!