Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

It's the little things....

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by JacqueZ, Aug 14, 2014.

1. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    It's the little things, like the way that honey trots off so proudly with the cauliflower I gave her clamped in her mouth. So proud to have conned a treat.

Just warms my heart. What are your guys most recent small, happy moments?

2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    My husband was just now sitting with Cubby. Cubby was sort of sitting on the back of the couch. He would use his paw to try and get my husband's attention, just touch, touch, touch. Then he sat back and looked at him trying to figure out how to get his attention so he nibbled his ear. It was adorable.

3. JacqueZ

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Hahaha, that's a trouble maker there. Good puppy not letting himself be ignored :D

4. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Gavin has a sore on his chest. I have it bandaged with gauze and some wrap to keep it clean as it heals.
    He has not touched it the past 3 days. I put it on for a reason and he is not going to mess with it. My dog is the best and I am so proud of him :)

5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Today on the walk it was Koko standing so still while little Charlotte (age 3 or 4?) in her pink Princess dress petted him (closer to whacking ;) Her mom said he is so calm and gentle and beautiful. Yeah. Yeah he is.

Earlier tonight Fillion decided I had sat here long enough so he got under the desk and started hitting my shoes with his paw. "Get up! I know these are the things that make you go! Get moving!" LOL

6. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    The way Shelby looks at DH and gives him those adorable puppy dog eyes until he picks her up and holds her on his lap. Then she just melts in his arms and gives him lots of "Shelby hugs".

And to think she was supposed to be my dog:wink2:

7. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    With Liam, he will get up on the back of the couch, lie behind me, and the little chin will come down on my neck. Natalie - when I pick her up, she cuddles with her head tucked up tight to my neck and shoulder. Emma likes to lie on the other pillows on the bed and will quite often lie with her her head on my neck. I just love the cuddling they do - as well as the wild excited greetings I get each day.

What my neighbour across the street loves - the dog take turns getting up at the living room window - they have to get up on the couch to do this. They then move the sheers away so they can watch out the window.

8. JacqueZ

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    I'm always so glad that my neighbors are amused by Honey running over to visit their pets and jumping around in their yards barking at the squirrels.

Lol, I tend to be quite jealous of the snuggles my husband gets from Honey, he can get her to take a nap with him while he hugs her, but she'll never let me hug her while I sleep!

Ah, so clever. Honey likes to grab socks out of the laundry and throw them at me. "Here here, put them on your feet. Can we go??"

It's tears my heart how much these little animals trust us.

Reading everyone else's stories, melts me just as much as Honey's actions do! The power of the sheltie.

9. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Tinsel still carries on when I use the washroom. He still figures I might fall in. Still makes me laugh.

10. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Spitfire comes up and stands on me and looks into my eyes when I am on the couch :lol:

Sca is so good and always a joy though we have had a couple of cooler nights and he jumps up and is soooo toasty.