Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Returning to the Barkham Asylum this weekend

Discussion in 'Flyball' started by SheepOfBlue, Jul 28, 2014.

1. ellenspn

ellenspn Forums Enthusiast

Jul 6, 2014
    Swamps of NE Illinois
    Good luck and remember, "Flyball is for the morally bankrupt"-Susan Garrett :wink2:

2. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    You've posted that quote several times.. I don't understand it??

3. ellenspn

ellenspn Forums Enthusiast

Jul 6, 2014
    Swamps of NE Illinois
    Wow, if you don't understand the quote, I want to be on your flyball team! Seriously.

You haven't experienced the backstabbing and lying that I have :( When I heard Susan Garrett say that I laughed but as my career went on with my team I realized how true it was for me. It culminated with the team captains dumping one of their dogs on rescue then lying that a raccoon had killed it. Then we spotted it in rescue. If they had said their two jacks had a fight and we need to place one no one would have thought anything about it.

4. JLSOhio51

JLSOhio51 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2013
    Ohio
    WOW, I had no idea. That sounds as bad as NCAA Division I sports.

5. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    :lol: there is some politics but they can also be ignored pretty much. As to the rest I see more dogs rehomed for those outside the teams than the zero I am aware of that went the other way. We have a new team member that has a 'rookie' BC that he got as a 10 year rescue.

In any large group there are some bad apples. So while I chuckled I would disagree with her based on my experience. I thought you were picking on the general chaos in comparison to the morgue feel of agilty :hide

Oh and in our district a lot of people do both. I went to B'ham to say hi and watch Calliesmom run agility and the boss lady was a team captain from flyball that was trying to get me to work the agility :hugs Oh and my team captain was there running also. Saw about a 10-20% that I knew from flyball.

Sounds like you just got in a bad team (I can think of one in our district), sorry to hear that.

6. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Justus and I are planning on coming up to watch on Sunday. My friend is going with her BC, Rexx. I've emailed her to ask for an address. If you don't mind sending me a private message with the address, that would help because she doesn't look at her email with any regularity...

She said the action starts at 8:00 a.m.!

7. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    I will PM it also but visitors are welcome at tournaments. Here is the link with map and the welcome letter which has times and stuff. Also run list, Sca is a NABR dog and runs on the Pedal Pushers and Hit & Run. I box load for the Box Rockers. Also if you are not adverse I might recruit you to do a couple of pictures of Sca with my new lens so I can see how it works indoors (and get Sca pictures) I would set it up so you just have to push the button.

http://www.lunaticfringeflyball.com/tournament.html

Is Rex a red BC and his owner a lady? I seem to recall him.

Not sure if Sca will run all the races for those teams but I am thinking yes as we have less people this time.

Looking forward to saying hi and petting Justus. I will tell Spitfire he has to allow you to pet him whether he wants it or not :lol:

8. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Thanks, this looks so fast paced, loud and fun!!!!

The only thing to keep me from attending will be this gall bladder, today I'm sick, hopefully I'll either be in the hospital or in Dalton Sunday morning!

It's okay if Spitfire wants to be admired from afar.... however, I have broasted chicken bits. If I remember from the picnic though, that he isn't easily bought with bribes, or flattery!

9. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Hopefully you are NOT at the hospital regardless of where you are today.

Spitfire has vastly improved but yes you are either on his list or not :hugs He does like Denice though and even jumped in a team members lap for petting this time.

Sca was flaky again yesterday. Dropping a lot of balls and running much slower. A small part was that he ran with Zip the Pom (open dog) and had to be separated as they both think the other is soooooo much fun. Zip did OK but Sca less so :eek:

So today he is only on one team. I have some ice for him and might try to either bring him by the vet or chiropractor (never done before) just in case. He is running around at home like normal but has been slow the last couple tournaments.

10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so how did it go today?
    could have stopped by but just wanted to head on home.......