Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Fillion's Rules for Hockey

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by Margi, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Fillion has been playing hockey using the wiener dog and the ball since he was very small. He loved hitting (or trying to hit) the ball with the "stick". Recently, though, he has added a fairly sophisticated set of rules to the game. At first I thought I was imagining things, but when the behavior is repeated daily, its no longer chance and none of my doing. It's his game :)

Wish I was better at vid making. I edited down a 5 min game. You can't see that he is "tagging" me on the leg with the wiener dog when I'm supposed to go get the ball, cuz I'm in my robe and slippers LOL. It was not his best day for hitting the ball, but he sure swung at it hard enough!

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/mmansker/media/Fillion/FillionsHockeyRules_zps35c989cf.mp4.html

2. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    I had a hard time viewing the video. It was very jerky, but he sure looks like he has definitely invented a game. Looks like a lot of fun. It's so cute how he uses the toy to hit at the ball!!

3. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    you're right, photobucket isn't working well tonight!
    If anybody CAN see it let me know--otherwise I will try to upload it again...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  4. Bradt9881

Bradt9881 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2014
    Fayetteville, NC
    I could watch it no problems.

He was having fun!

5. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Team Sheltie and Team Human sure make a good match. :) That is really adorable and, yes, he obviously is purposely using his blue stuffie bone as a bat. That is one smart cookie you have...got to love these shelties!!!! Thanks for sharing your boy and his talent. :smile2:

BTW the video is working well this morning.

Trini

6. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Oh my--what a great video! I love the game--and you have a perfect "arena" for it too!

7. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Haha, so cute! Very similar to Honeys game of goalie, although she has never been so complex as to use another toy as a stick!

8. mellie

mellie Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2011
    East Coast
    Oh my gosh, too cute ! Sally does the same thing, but with a rope chew toy and a tennis ball which is hard for her to control. I will have to get her a weiner dog and a bigger ball. Excellent coverage of the match, by the way

9. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    That is one of the cutest things I've seen! Love how excited he is, swinging the bat while he waits. ('hey batter batter batter' I'm saying to myself as he winds up). I can tell he LOVES his game, and he deserves to play it every day, esp. as he made it up himself.

Shelties are so smart ad FIllion is close to genius level now.

10. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Fillion has definitely got himself some rules and procedures! Love his "bat"! :lol: