Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Gypsy earned her Wings Today

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by dawns2shelties, Apr 13, 2012.

1. David

David Forums Enthusiast

Your tribute to Gypsy brought floods of tears to my eyes. Your gift to Gypsy was wonderful and your love shines through your words. My thoughts are with you. Run free and strong at Rainbow Bridge Gypsy.

2. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

Thank you so much, hearing that just makes me cry and warms my heart so.

3. dawns2shelties

Tuesday I put in a call to the vet because I had asked him Friday if they could learn anything by opening my Gypsy. He said they could learn just as much from an Ultrasound and didn't want to put my girl through anymore and leave her at peace.

He did the Ultrasound and it was confirmed that both of Gypsy Kidneys were totally shriveled and so damaged he had no idea how she was still walking around in this condition. He told me freeing her from all the pain was the most loving gift I could have given her and she was just hanging on for me.

The multiple lessons she has taught me have made me a much better person and I will carry them through life with her in my heart always.

Bless my Sweet Baby Girl....may she fly with the Angels.

4. terdonal

terdonal Forums Enthusiast

Apr 9, 2008
    Maple Ridge. BC
    My thoughts are with you and your beautiful girl. Run free of pain at the bridge Gypsy.

5. marymrumfelt

marymrumfelt Forums Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    awww That's so sad. Bless your heart. I'm happy to hear she taught you life-long lessons that will forever benefit you. So sad...

6. sheltiemom4

sheltiemom4 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 22, 2011
    Middletown, OH
    I know I offered my condolences on FB, but, I saw your post and for some reason, was compelled to open it. WELL........tears are flowing again for the loss of your sweet Gypsy. RIP beautiful girl....

Thoughts, prayers, and hugs are ALL AROUND YOU Dawn...:hugs

7. dawns2shelties

Thanks Angie, I know I cry everytime I open this thread too.

8. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    I've been thinking about you and hoping for your ability to find some peace. I have a picture of my mare Kassy as my screen saver. At first I couldn't look at it or anything else of hers but then I realized that I had to replace the memory of her last day with the nearly 23 years of good ones that her and I shared. Every night I would look at her picture and stroke her blaze while thinking of one good memory - it really helped a lot. I still do it and often I well up with tears but the picture of the last time I touched her has faded. Healing thoughts are being sent to you and your husband.

9. dawns2shelties

Tagg I have had my Chandler as my screen saver for the last year, a pic where he is loooking right into my eyes. It melts my heart each time i turn the computer on. Today I was thinking I need to add Gypsy to the screen as well.

Thinking of Gypsy's little paw in my hand and that memory fading just breaks my heart. I remember holding and stroking her paw, petting her head and scratching behind her ears and thinking, I never want to forget how this feels so many times in those last days.

I am sorry for the loss of your beautiful Cassie. :hugs

10. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    I cannot open this thread and read one post without tears running down my face either. Then I saw these two boys posted by the Southland Sheltie Rescue and was even more saddened. Their owner past away and left the without a home. The rescue is trying to place them together. I can't imagine how they feel. At least we can understand. They must be so distressed not knowing where their loving master has gone....

Attached Files: