Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Do Over: Meet Little Red Caboose!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Mom2Melli, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    After some well-placed asking around today among the sheltie locals in the know . . . I discovered a litter of sables in my own town and put a deposit down on one. I told you those sables finally grew on me!

Born May 8. Litter of 4 boys & 2 girls. Mom is 15" and Dad is 17" -- reported to be the largest pup of the litter and the darkest pup of the litter. It should be interesting to see what he turns into in the way of shading and that bizarre white spot! I get to go meet him on the 20th and then bring him home a couple weeks after that. The breeder said she called "Cubby" and snappd the below pix with him "responding".

Meet -- Little Red Caboose (Cubby) a full-blown 100% sheltie (none of the mixy stuff -- the real deal -- being started out by someone who is socializng him and handling him and showing him the world is a happy place and telling him about all the fun classes he will get to go to when he gets bigger!

Thanks for all the support -- let's all give a prayer the little mite stays healthy and comes to follow up our circus train soon.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  2. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    Aww he's smiling! What a darling. I'm so happy for you. I love his dark colouring, and the white spot is very cute!

3. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Yay!! How exciting:biggrin2: He is adorable. World of difference when they are raised right! I knew you would find the right pup.

4. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Congrats on your new little pup- he's a sweetie!

5. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    That's great news!!!!!!!!!! Big smiles here for you and Cubby. He is so cute.

Trini

6. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Congratulations! He's a cutie. Would he be considered a Mahogany Sable or a Tri-factored Sable?

His white markings are almost exactly like Edan's. Edan has the white spot on the nape of the neck, white chest, two white socks on the front legs and white toes on the back just like Cubby. The only difference is the amount of white on the blaze.

I wish you all the best with him. It's going to be fun to watch him grow up along side all the other new forum puppies.

7. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    I am assuming Mahogany Sable? His mom is real dark, almost black but definitely sable. Dad is lighter but still has the dark around the face and shading. The whole litter is dark. He's the darkest at really red/brown. The others are all almost the coyote gray with the ticking (shading at this point) except for one quite like golden pup. I was just drawn to this guy above the others so we shall see what he develops into. It's nice to have no expectations. He can be dark, light, or anywhere in between, size no matter, coon eyes or not whatever, ears whatever. The only thing that matters is he is sane. The breeder is going to use his name when socializing so that he is ready to go. She said when they said it, he actually came crawling towards the camera last night.

So breathe a sigh of relief -- I found my change of life SHELTIE baby. Husband sighed and said he wished it was an Aussie, or part Aussie, and I told him that once you go sheltie you don't go back. Aussies, um, remember I have had three, are not quite as bright as shelties. I watched them in class. Melody out-thought them and I really liked that. Husband agreed and was fine with that. He's got the shepherd for his special buddy who is even smarter than Mel.

More pix soon!

8. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    The puppy is adorable. Love his coloring.

ps I know this is random, but isn't Melody the sheltie that understands both Spanish and English? That is really something!

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Congrats- how cool that you have local puppies:yes:
    what a cute little boy- you will have so much fun:smile2:
    post lots of pix:fl

10. Mitchy

Mitchy Forums Enthusiast

Oct 22, 2012
    Idaho, USA
    What a cutie!!! Congratulations!!!