Go Back   Sheltie Forums > Performance Sports > Agility
Become a Premium Member Rules Support Sheltie Nation Member Map

Notices

View First Unread View First Unread  
Old Apr 6, 2012, 05:08 PM

Here is the largest compilation of titles I've found (across venues): http://www.bayteam.org/wiki/Agility_...alphabetically
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaria View Post
If I am understanding the rules correctly, 1 more Q in Standard and I'll have the PD title (3 Std Qs plus 1 Q in every non-standard event under at least 2 different judges) I can move up to Advanced in everything regardless of whether or not I've earned the SPG, SPJ, or SPR; correct?
I'm pretty sure this is correct. It's one of the either to move up. Either get the PD title, or get 3 Q's in each game other than Standard. Something like that.
Quote:

The other thing that confuses me is the "Standard class: Minimum of two different judges; Nonstandard class: Minimum of two different judges (one of which must be different from two of the judges under which the Standard Q were earned." rule. I will have earned all Qs under 3 different judges however I have Standard and Non-standard Q's in all classes under each of those judges. Does that still qualify me for the PD or will have have to wait another try and not enter Standard so I have Non-Standard Q's under a judge I don't have Std Q's under?

I hate the USDAA rules at times.
What??!! Are you serious? BTW, I love the "gaah" icon now. It's so fitting here on agility a lot.lol.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9kreationz View Post
Hmmm....

Ashley, is there any reason not to move Koji up, say in Snooker or Jumpers? Obviously I know he's not great at Gamblers and even if we get our one Q in P1, it doesn't mean he'll ever get anything in P2. I honestly don't know if I'd ever make it to P3 Gamblers. But I could get there for everything else.

Not sure if it's worth it to go for a title first, then move up. I don't mind too much playing in P1 sometimes. Other times, I feel guilty. lol. Maybe I should move Koji up in his strong areas...Jumpers and Snooker, and let him work at the rest in P1. I don't think I do enough USDAA to really move up fast anyways. Especially since you the trials I've been, except for Standard, many games you do just once during the weekend.
I would move up in everything if Koji were my dog UNLESS one of these things is true:

1--You don't feel like you understand the rules of Snooker
2--You will feel totally discouraged if you are in Advanced Gamblers, for example, for several years. I moved Bentley up to Masters Gamblers as soon as he had his AAD (meaning 3 Standard Qs, and 1 in the games) even though I knew it would mean not Qing in that event for a long, long time (again, in our example, he got his last Gamblers Q 14 months ago).
Old Apr 6, 2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this is correct. It's one of the either to move up. Either get the PD title, or get 3 Q's in each game other than Standard. Something like that.

What??!! Are you serious? BTW, I love the "gaah" icon now. It's so fitting here on agility a lot.lol.
Cheryl is correct on the first part.

The second part, to be honest, I've never even though about. I guess because we do USDAA so often that I never had to think about it because we ran under so many different judges. Sort of makes me nervous. I think maybe it's time to get the USDAA title tracker from USDAA.com!
Old Apr 6, 2012, 05:19 PM

Just be sure that when you do move up that you have everything that USDAA requires. I agree it isn't plainly obvious. Any Q you get at the next level will become null & void if USDAA disagrees with your calculations.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbinam View Post
I would move up in everything if Koji were my dog UNLESS one of these things is true:

1--You don't feel like you understand the rules of Snooker
2--You will feel totally discouraged if you are in Advanced Gamblers, for example, for several years. I moved Bentley up to Masters Gamblers as soon as he had his AAD (meaning 3 Standard Qs, and 1 in the games) even though I knew it would mean not Qing in that event for a long, long time (again, in our example, he got his last Gamblers Q 14 months ago).
Thanks Ashley. I'm assuming if, let's say I get his title (3 standard, 1 in each game), I don't have to move him up in Gamblers? I can stay in Starters for a bit longer for that one, but work on my Advanced Q's in everything else?

I know I'm not doing a lot of USDAA, but I'm making a game plan. I guess I'll need to read the Snooker rules for Advanced when I move up. I guess I didn't think there'd be different rules. Yikes.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks Ashley. I'm assuming if, let's say I get his title (3 standard, 1 in each game), I don't have to move him up in Gamblers? I can stay in Starters for a bit longer for that one, but work on my Advanced Q's in everything else?
Yep, exactly.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtainn View Post
Just be sure that when you do move up that you have everything that USDAA requires. I agree it isn't plainly obvious. Any Q you get at the next level will become null & void if USDAA disagrees with your calculations.
Does this mean you know ppl who got screwed? Yikes! I don't want to have to pay for the tracker. Well, maybe when I get to that point, I won't mind. For now, I'm just focusing on AKC. USDAA will become my main venue after I get my MACH. Until then, I'll probably just get the 3 Q's in each class before moving up, versus moving up with the PD title only. Saves me some heartbreak if I didn't have everything in order.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Does this mean you know ppl who got screwed? Yikes! I don't want to have to pay for the tracker. Well, maybe when I get to that point, I won't mind.
Mistakes can happen on either end, and in any venue. Yes, I know some whom this has happened. It shouldn't deter you from moving up if that's what you want to do. If you do, I recommend being fully aware of your records & what Q's you need in advance.
You can check online with USDAA if you have paid for data services.
Think that is about $25 a year.