Go Back   Sheltie Forums > Health > Grooming
Become a Premium Member Rules Support Sheltie Nation Member Map

Notices

View First Unread View First Unread  
Old Feb 17, 2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
DH has asked for an Air Force dryer for HIMSELF for his next birthday! So the Shelties will get to use it, too!!
too funny and im slightly intriguedlmao
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2014, 07:27 AM

Shopvacs are very loud!! They hurt my ears I couldn't imagine how it feels to a dog
Old Feb 19, 2014, 08:31 AM

I tried a "no heat" type of dryer on Phoebe, the westie. She has been bathed about once a month her whole life and always went to sleep during the process. Not with this dryer though. She hated it almost as much as I did. Apart from the noise, she was uncomfortable with the cold and force of air and I couldn't direct how I wanted to dry her coat. My stand dryer, which I have had since 1980, is my dryer of choice. I can decide how much or little heat I want and the speed of air flow. I thank Joan every time I use it. She was an afghan breeder, had bought it and then went for quadruple by pass and knew she was coming to the end so she sold it to me for $100 instead of closer to the $800 US she had paid for it less than a year before. She told me she wanted me to have it even if I could only give her $10 a pay for it and even though another afghan breeder was offering her full price.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 09:41 AM

Just saw this... I have a metro Air Force dryer and love it. Never a trouble of knotting up the hair. It actually works great at untangling all the way down to the skin... It's great for checking for parasites and boo boos on the skin that the hair normally covers too. And, they do look pretty and fluffy once you are finished. I think it just takes practice to learn to use it properly. Don't swirl it like you do yourself when drying the hair... Just make slow straight lines.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
DH has asked for an Air Force dryer for HIMSELF for his next birthday! So the Shelties will get to use it, too!!
Does he have a very thick coat? Where exactly does he want to use this? I only hope you don't need to do poop cuties too!