Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

3yr. old in HIGH KILL SHELTER IN CA.

Discussion in 'Rescue Chat' started by dawns2shelties, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    southland rescue's fb page says he has been fixed and is in his forever home!
    a new name sounds imminent :D

apparently the microchip they 'found' was the one the shelter had just implanted....so the extra 10 days was just a long wait for Whiskey.

2. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    OMG...I'm very happy for Whiskey now, but the shelter's incompetence is hard to excuse. That poor dog. During the last two weeks while he was out there in Devore the heat has been extreme....on several days...high 90s and over 100. He deserves to be pampered for the rest of his life!!

3. dmeyer123

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    For those of you who aren't on FB....here's the photo SSR posted of Whiskey safe in the arms of the rescue volunteer.

Attached Files:

4. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Awe, what a cutie he is. His sheltie smile in the other photo just melted my heart. How could someone abandon him!

So glad that he's safe and sound and in a new home, especially after his long wait in that shelter. I love happy endings!

5. Noneeds4me

Noneeds4me Forums Enthusiast

Feb 12, 2009
    Southern California
    Oh that poor baby. The look on his face is one of relief. I'll be waiting to see the "after" picture when he's all cleaned up and there's been time for him to have been loved on for awhile ;-).

6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    I think it's amazing how dogs can be 'on the run' for years, then as soon as they are rescued become total happy love bugs. the capacity for trusting complete strangers astounds me. I think Whiskey is gonna do great :D

7. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    Poor guy. I wonder how they found out the chip was recently implanted. This whole thing seems so off. I'm sure it happens a lot with the amount of dogs they must get, but bleah.

I'm glad he's out and on his way to his forever home. I guess he had to spend one more night there while he got fixed.

8. Noneeds4me

Noneeds4me Forums Enthusiast

Feb 12, 2009
    Southern California
    I completely agree. I've never heard of such incompetence!

9. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Any word if Whiskey is in his forever home? I am so happy the sheltie rescue was able to finally get the okay to pick him up from that high-kill shelter.

Even in need of a bath, he is a very handsome boy.

10. dmeyer123

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    He was picked up from the vet after his nuetering surgery by his forever people. He should be safe and happy from here on out. I hope we get an update somehow. Maybe the rescue will post something on FB. We'll stay tuned!