Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

A new pup for Barb?

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by BarbV, Mar 21, 2014.

1. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Well its has been a roller coaster

Even before Bacca died, I started rescue adoption proceedings for a Pom. I have to say that rescue adoptions are painful! It's been over a month since I started this. I thought a small dog would be perfect as a 3rd dog.

Then Bacca died, and it turned everything upside down.

And now suddenly the rescue is ready to do an phone interview tonight

And then I found a mini Eskie on Petfinder today

And then I found a Sheltie breeder with two males available....a sable merle and a sable today....and from lines that I know (not byb)

Nothing is guaranteed, so I need to keep my options open....but of course, the Shelties are first and foremost.

I don't know what to do. I can't take on 2 new dogs as much as I would like to....and none of them are guaranteed to me right now, so I have 3 dogs that I'm juggling....without having met any of them

This will all come to pass in the next 48 hours I think.

OK....taking a deep breath. One day at a time.

2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Barb -- Ask your baby boy at the bridge to bring the One that is meant for you and Indy to be unmistakably forefront.

We will all cross fingers you will find your special baby to make you laugh and lighten your heart. However, I think a few toes will be crossed that it is a sheltie!

We all will rejoice with you in any case.

3. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Barb, I completely agree with Mom2Melli, when your eyes meet and it's time to decide which baby(ies?) to bring home, your heart will lead you in the right direction. Can't wait to see pictures. :fl

4. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Barb, your heart will tell you which if any of the doggies you are looking at is the right one. You have an exciting next few days in store!

Trini

5. Sumac3890

Sumac3890 Forums Sage

Sep 12, 2008
    Fort Myers, Fl
    Shetlie...sheltie.....sheltie!!!!! I read recently that sex does not matter it's all personality. Since they get neutered and spayed.

6. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    I agree with previous posts - your heart will guide you to the new soul mate.

I am hoping to get a new little boy from one of two litters with a beautiful sire. The dogs recently had their "doggy dates" so I'll hear in about two weeks if there are going to be puppies. Keeping my fingers & toes crossed.

Can't wait to see pictures from you! :smile2:

7. Harbour

Harbour Forums Regular

Oct 10, 2011
    Waynesville
    Barb,

After Harbour went to the Bridge, I didn't think I would get another one. My heart hurt to much. But I kept looking for some reason, well I had even looking for a second one before he went to the Bridge. Anyway, I had fallen for a baby on the internet, couldn't get him out of my mind. I asked my baby at the Bridge to let me know if this one was the right one or not and he did. And in my heart I new he was for me. That's how Koffoy came home to me.

You will now in your heart, there will be a peace! Indy will also let you know. Also ask Bacca to also help.

Can't wait to hear about your next several days and to see pictures. :fl Hoping though for the Sheltie! :smile2:

8. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    The right dog will appear out of the blue. For a while I wasn't sure if my new pup coming later this year would be a cocker or a Sheltie. There was a real possibility of Merlin becoming a dad, since I was in discussions with someone. But I wasn't 100% sure on the matter, so kept my options open with the cocker breeder. For a time I wondered if I would end up with two pups!

Then the breeding plans disintegrated, and I was actually quite happy about that. Cocker pup is still 'wait and see' but I'm sure the right pup will appear at the right point.

Good luck Barb, thinking of you:hugs

9. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

We'll darn.

Was supposed to go visit the Sheltie pups this morning, but had to postpone until tomorrow because of another freakin' snow storm. This winter will never end!

I lay awake at 3 am remembering the joys and pitfalls living with a puppy! And doing the pro and con list in my head. It's longer on the pro side! I now feel that a puppy is just what I need as a new journey for me.

And here is the neat thing......this litter is related to both Indy AND Bacca!!!!!!

The granddam was Indy's mother. The grand sire was Bacca's great great.

I feel like its fated to be! I hope I don't get disappointed!

And yes, I'm also going to see the mini eskie tomorrow too. Who knows...maybe I WILL get both! David will kill me of course! :lol:

10. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Do what I've always done, Barb, and just bring them home and then watch your guy fall in love with them. It never fails, and I'm up to 5! :yes:

It's been 7 years since I've had a puppy until Ruffles. Yes, puppies are work, but the joy and fun they bring to your life are priceless. They make you smile every day, no matter what. And you won't believe how Indy will help train it. I hope this litter is everything you want it to be. It sounds like Bacca sent them to you. Can't wait to hear what happens! :fl