Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Little blue merle sheltie gal...ADOPTED :)

Discussion in 'Adopt a Sheltie' started by trini, Apr 20, 2015.

1. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    This little blue girl is with a rescue group in the Albany/Schenectady NY area. She tested Lyme positive and is being treated. She has been up for adoption for several weeks now. I am posting the link here just in case there is someone within driving distance of the Albany/Schenectady NY area who might be interested. We are fairly close to this rescue but with 9 rescue dogs of our own already we sadly simply can't take on any more.

Meet Shelley, a Petfinder adoptable Shetland Sheepdog Sheltie Dog in Glenville

2. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Oh my god, she is just gorgeous! I wish I was close enough!

3. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Ditto - if she was nearby I might have to break my no new pets decision.

4. dogcatmom02

dogcatmom02 Forums Regular

Apr 6, 2014
    york,pa
    I just Emailed and called and left a message. I don't think they will adopt outside of New York . I got the impression that they may not on the message. I am looking for a playmate for Chandler. May have to get a different breed because we cannot have a fenced yard. Most sheltie rescues will not consider us. While I do understand the reasons it's upsetting because we are responsible pet owners. Does anyone know of any sheltie rescues that do not have
    this requirement.

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I understand your dilemma...
    I know that PSSR Sheltie rescue allowed me to adopt my sweet boy Chance out of state! http://www.pssr.org/

Thank GOD they did! He IS the LOVE OF MY LIFE!

I do have a fenced yard. However, since some dogs might be older and not prone to escaping they might consider an out of state adoption.

I hope this sweet little soul finds a good home... she is safe now and getting treatment. We can be thankful for that.

Thanks for posting... Hope she finds a good home soon!

6. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    For anyone seriously interested in this little girl, filling out the online application is the best first step. Many of the all breed rescues in our area are so overloaded with dogs that they don't get back to inquiries without first having a filled out application from that person. BTW this is not a sheltie rescue...it is an all breed (small to med size) dog rescue and actually this is the first time I have seen a sheltie in their care...typically they have maltese, yorkies, chi's, etc.

I honestly don't know whether or not they will do out of state or a not fenced yard, but many rescues will make exceptions if they have excellent vet references for the applicant. Also most rescues that won't adopt out of state say so on their website so they don't get flooded with applications they won't even consider and I have checked their site pretty thoroughly and didn't find any mention of no out of state adoptions.

So for anyone who could make the drive to pick up this little gal, try going the online application route and see what response you get.

Trini

7. Watson's Mom

Watson's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2012
    I've been trying to work on my grouchier half on getting another one for Watson. I've been saying not until I get the yard fenced in because our house is not huge....this little girlie has gotten me to renew my efforts. And although I live in WNY now, I'm from the Capital District so she isn't actually far from home.

Rats!! Nevermind, her profile says she has a new home. Happy for her though!