Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Sparrow is teaching me to RUN!

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by labgirl, May 21, 2015.

1. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Sparrow, my working cocker spaniel, is now 13 months and is doing proper agility with jumps on micro height. I have to say I love working this girl, she is very willing and full of beans, just sometimes she has trouble going in the right direction!:lol:

Doesn't help that she is a LOT faster than Merlin and I am extremely slow with my commands at times. But the one thing she is teaching me is how to RUN! There is no sauntering with this girl! Run as fast as you can or give up!

Here's a vid of her doing her first full course of jumps
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wasgSjSTes

2. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    Wow it's like watching a film in fast motion! Love her wagging tail as she runs. She's adorable!

3. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Sophie, I don't think I have ever watched a dog have so much fun on an agility course!! Lack of enthusiasm is definitely NOT an issue for your Sparrow. :wink2:

Trini

4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    A pleasure to see how Sparrow is a quick and happy dog. :yes:

Yes incredible what our dogs are trying to teach us. :fl

5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh Sparrow is so cute and brim-full of enthusiasm! Faith is the same way and also SO fast - I'm huffing and puffing keeping up with her and we've only just started agility, Lord help me!! :lol:

It's great fun when they are so into it, eh?

6. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Thanks all. I love her enthusiasm! She has gone from the slightly shy pup who hid from people and jumped at loud noises, to this in such a short space of time. Agility has really brought her out of herself and she loves it.

She is determined to make me fitter, haha!:lol:

7. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    She looks awesome!!! :smile2:

8. seashel

seashel Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2010
    Kent, UK
    She's super enthusiastic - I guess everyone watching the video was smiling like I was as she sped round, so obviously enjoying herself :smile2:

9. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    She's having so much fun! No way could I keep up with her but wow she's so energetic :biggrin2:.

10. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    She makes me laugh so hard, such fun to watch her go! We had a euro turns workshop last night, mainly foundation stuff with a few tougher sequences and courses. She did well and was so brimming with energy, had to laugh though because as soon as I said 'finish' she would run and sit by my chair, except on one occasion when she mistook someone else's chair for mine and went and sat over there:lol: