Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

What has your Sheltie destroyed?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by celloyogi, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Gracesmum

Gracesmum Forums Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2012
    England
    I am loving this thread. So funny. Grace doesn't really chew much other than what we give her to chew. She does however, love to steal my oven gloves from the front of my oven doors. She hares around the house with them and seems to enjoy giving them a good chew if she gets the chance. I'm sure she's a frustrated cook. :biggrin2:

2. nikki1

nikki1 Forums Novice

Nov 12, 2012
    Washington state
    Great thread! My Sadie-girl used chewing as an editorial comment about being left alone. Generally it was scattering/shredding the contents of waste paper baskets. There was one occasion where she was left overnight, and she took every shoe out of every closet, and scattered them all over the house...didn't chew any, just squirrelled them away like the Easter bunny!

My Jack had a thing for shoe laces. They weren't chew toys, they were puppy treats! He full-out ATE them! We learned to put shoes as high up as we could reach.

3. Sheltiesr2cute

Sheltiesr2cute Forums Regular

Jan 19, 2011
    Ontario Canada
    My babies are angels, however Bristol loves rolls of toilet paper and will destroy and Shred them as soon as we turn our backs. Charlotte loves to pull the stuffing out of every thing eg. comforters, stuffed toys, but only if they have a hole in them already. Sparkie well she is the worst. She will destroy shoe laces and the tabs on the back of shoes but does not hurt the shoe itself. she also loves to tear apart tissue paper. And that just leaves Phoenix our Border collie who is a very good girl and is the only one with no bad habits.

Becky Mom of Bristol, Charlotte, Sparkie, Phoenix

4. Skyla'sMom

Skyla'sMom Forums Regular

May 11, 2012
    Georgia
    Skyla loves area rugs/door mats/bathroom mats. She loves to pick at the top, and chew on the corners tearing them apart. I have to be really careful to make sure she doesnt swallow any of the rug threads she pulls off!

She used to pick at the wall when we first brought her home and she'd look for things to chew on. She has since learned not to chew on walls but she still loves those area rugs!

5. biowicks

biowicks Forums Enthusiast

Mar 7, 2012
    Michigan
    Add to Olive's list of destruction one one liter container of beef broth. Yum...

6. CurtnDeb

CurtnDeb Forums Novice

Jun 22, 2012
    Barnhart, MO
    :uhoh:Uh oh! My wife makes decorative hanging holiday towels and sells them at crafts shows. I just came in from raking some leaves and found shards of another towel. It's one that she just finished making special order for a lady last night. Debbie left it hanging over the back of a chair.

Keep an eye on the "Sheltie Angels" catagory tonight for the memorial of Libby sometime after Debbie gets home!:dead: