Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Now the interminable wait ....

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by 2GoodDogs, Jul 28, 2014.

1. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Three weeks of wait... three weeks of I want this one, no that one, on the other hand... maybe its not a good time, it's gotta be right nowr...

Oh the agony of da puppy soon to be!

Could be worse, at least I have a house to puppy proof and resident dogs to coddle... :)

Puppy Puppy Puppy!!

2. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    eek! I'd rather have your wait. The momma dog for my pup just came into heat on Friday.. I'm pretty sure, I'm the only one that gets texted when the female comes into heat. :lol: Perks of being friends with the breeder.

You soon will have your pick :biggrin2: and lots of puppy breath!

3. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    i didn't get pictorial proof of the tie, and email was good enough! TG! :razz:

however, yes! It is wonderful to be a repeat puppy buyer, you get perks. :)
    Got a bottle of bubbly chilling? I do!

4. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    I know what you mean. When does your breeder send puppies to their furever homes?

Mine says 8 weeks so I only have 2.5 weeks to wait, and I'll be on vacation so I will have something to keep me occupied while I wait.

5. melbell

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    hahahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one. No photo, just a text that she finally came in heat. She was due in June, so about a month and half late. Her first litter she was 3 months late of coming in heat. No bubbly chilling yet, but I think that's a great idea.

6. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    I have an unbreakable social commitment, an impending gall bladder surgery and puppy pick up day all looking to converge on the calendar in the same weekend!

I totally trust that it will all work out, besides I've given up worry and anxiety. doesn't help a bit. :biggrin2:

7. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Shift one or the other by a week if you can -- employ a family member either way -- you will do great. IF you can go laparoscopic it truly is a snap. Open is the worst! You can lift about 5 -10 pounds for the first couple weeks so puppy will be doable. Just use it as time on the couch cuddling and resting and bonding. Nest yourselves near the potty door.

8. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    It will work out. If this thing attacks me before I can get it done electively, I go to the ER and get 'er done.

chatted with breeder tonight, little girl is mine if the structure eval comes out alright. I really like that she is so thorough and cares so much that I get a dog suited for the sports I like to play. :)

9. melbell

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    I'm sure you'll be fine :biggrin2: Worse comes to worse, the breeder can hold the puppy a week or two longer probably if you ask. We would of had to do that if the puppies were able to go home in November.

10. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    One week done, two to go! Gallbladder still hanging on, darn it, will finish pre-op tests on Thursday and then can get this scheduled...

Wish I was being bombarded with info and pictures, but I guess she's pretty busy trying to give the critters a great head start!

Two weeks! Eeek! :smile2: