Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Layla: 5 Years as a Walter Reed Red Cross Therapy Dog

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Chris, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    On March 28th, the volunteers of Walter Reed National Military Medical Center at Bethesda were honored for their service. Among them was Layla Sable Lafferty, who has served Wounded Warriors for five of her six years. I am so proud of her!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  2. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Layla, thank you for taking such good care of our wounded soldiers. Keep up the great work little girl.

3. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    Layla, you are awesome!!! :hugs

4. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Congratulations, Layla Sable! You may be small, but you are doing a very big job - thank you for helping those who have done so much for all of us.

(by the way, Chris, I think I remember you asking a question about the tips of Layla's ears going gray - I've never seen anything like that! It's quite pretty.)

5. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    How neat is that!

Layla, thanks for giving your time! :)

6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    What a neat honor. Layla, you and your mom do so much good! Thanks for serving in this way. Hugs to you.

7. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Layla, thank you for being such a special part of the vet's program at the hospital. I don't think you will ever know how much your visits mean to them. You are serving your country in your own special way. And Chris, a big thank you and hug to you from the daughter of a Canadian Vet (who was not acknowledged as a vet until the 1990's).

8. Diana

Diana Forums Enthusiast

Sep 28, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    How wonderful. Congratulations to you. What you do is so important. Before my auntie died she loved seeing dogs at the hospital. She took pictures of all of them and kept showing them to everyone and telling any visitors about them.

I had a bunch of junior high kids write letters to the soldiers at the Red Cross Walter Reed before Christmas! Bit of a small world. I wonder if any of them went to soldiers you and Layla work with.

9. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    You are so beautiful Layla. You and your mom must bring so much joy to our wounded vets. Keep up the good work. You make us shelties proud. Your mom is beautiful too.:smile2:

10. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    thank you miss Layla, for all you do.
    you're beautiful inside and out !!