Go Back   Sheltie Forums > Sheltie Talk > Sheltie Chat
Become a Premium Member Rules Support Sheltie Nation Member Map

Notices

View First Unread View First Unread  
Old Jun 29, 2014, 07:17 PM

Default HIS HONOR THE CHIP-April to June 2014

I am tired of waiting for my new computer to arrive from California.

Chip has matured so much in the last month or so, thought some of you might like to see a couple photos of him. First is at 3 months, second at 5 1/2 months.

He is 90% perfect, we are working on the other 10%, that being eating his own poop.

I have stated before we live in the woods on a rather secluded street with little traffic except for bike riders and joggers with their dogs. When a dog on the street barks Chip will answer. He knows he is forbidden to go more than about halfway out on our driveway so he just sits down and gives one or two low barks. Watches them pass and goes on about his business which includes a lot of chewing on sticks he finds in the yard. Teeth have come in bunches and we know his mouth really has to be sore and achy. The later photo included with this post shows his mouth full of new teeth.

Absolutely loves being outside. When I go to the door in the morning he is there with bells on. Have you ever noticed how interesting Squirrels and birds are? Chip is working on catching a squirrel, have no idea what he will do with it if he does. Listens to the birds singing, seems fascinated by their flying around the yard.

Has learned many words, some/most are commands. No, Leave it, come on, back, stay, over there, bed time, out, play, treat, back yard, sit, stay, down, eat, Jaime, Mama, tugger, potty, tinkle, bathroom, bedroom, ball, drink/water, hungry ?, don't bite, take a walk ?, want down ?, kiss, I think I am missing a few.

Tail is getting real hair, back and part way down his sides has beautiful, shiny, black hair. Eyes are getting larger. Likes to be brushed, I do it every morning and evening. Working on the teeth brushing, would rather eat the tooth paste. Would kill for a CHEERIO. LOL

Has been more "lovey" lately, Mama says it is his hormones. Ornery than a Junk Yard Hound some times. Losing some of his "Puppy Dance" when he runs. Will eat anything and everything if it doesn't run away from him. Charms everyone that he meets.

AND:

How can I explain how much we love this little Sheltie. Not so little any more. He weighs 18 pounds 11 oz. and is 14 1/2 inches tall. Not one ounce of fat on this Sheltie.

When I get the new computer up and running I will post some more photos.

Three months in first photo- five and a half months in second.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0025.jpg (37.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0123.jpg (58.8 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by ferg; Jun 29, 2014 at 07:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2014, 07:28 PM

Thank-you for sharing those great photos of your Chip...he is certainly a really handsome boy and I love his big smile in the second picture. Chip sounds like one very special boy.

Trini
Old Jun 29, 2014, 08:11 PM

Wow. He grew up fast! I hope my Cubby turns out as special and kind as Chip!
Shaman Von Raesfeld - GSD Mix 02/06/11-- Aussies at Bridge: Quasar, Holly, & Mayson
Old Jun 29, 2014, 08:46 PM

Thanks for the narrative and the photos. Chip sounds like one special boy!
Misses terribly "Trace", bi-blue angel 5/31/09-1/26/14
Old Jun 29, 2014, 09:03 PM

Wow Ferg, I can't believe how big he has gotten in such a short time. We knew he was cute as a baby, but he is really turning into a very handsome young man. I can feel the pride when you write about your baby. Can't wait to see the updated pictures.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:15 AM

He is growing up to be a very handsome lad! He was cute at 3 months now he's getting that regal look.
18 lbs at 5 months? Heh Fillion was 18 lbs last time at the vet at well over a year! Gonna be a big boy!