Go Back   Sheltie Forums > Sheltie Talk > Considering a Sheltie?
Become a Premium Member Rules Support Sheltie Nation Member Map

Notices

View First Unread View First Unread  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 09:20 PM

Ditto Laddie & Bella's momma. Shay was my ultra-close buddy shadow constant companion best friend and now there is more distance and he runs to my husband more than before. I miss it too because Melli is so demanding. I think I would have felt better if Melli preferred my husband like our black tri Aussie did while Quasar was my boy, but Melli stuck to me and sort of pushed Shay aside in doing so. It's really important to consider dynamics so that no one gets excluded.
Aussies at the Bridge - Quasar (blue merle), Holly (black tri), & Mayson (red tri)
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:20 AM

Default Not at all with me

You see I have known Boe forever.. He used to be my fathers dog.. But he would never let Boe inside so he was going to get put down because he didn't want him to suffer the winter. I offered to take him but he said no. So, the weekend before he got put down he accidently got off his chain.. But I have had my Sheltie since she was 8 weeks old.. Anyways, they get along pretty good (they are both very jealous dogs) so if I'm petting her, he starts whining.. And if I'm petting him she comes and jumps on my lap. Then the cats come and I'm usually buried with animals.. Lol.. I would still LOVE another Sheltie though, and I don't think it will be a problem..
Old Dec 29, 2013, 07:34 PM

OK this is a forum first!

For the first time, I'm reading why NOT to get another Sheltie!

If you go back into the forum, you will read countless examples of why a second, third or fourth, or fifth works!

My personal point is, it is all about your personal motivation and energy to take on more than one. I can tell you that in my own case, bringing on no. 2 was exactly what was needed. They may not be the best of buds, but they do keep each other going - both positively and negatively.

And yes, I'm considering bringing in a third.....this time a rescue..we shall see how that plays out
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:34 AM

Default Lol, me??

I would love another Sheltie! I just wasn't sure if it was too many.. And I now only have 2 cats as my other disappeared in the move I think I'm going to wait until next spring if I do..
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:51 AM

I have five shelties. And five cats. So I'm not the one to ask if a piddly four is too many. Seriously, Bonnie is 17. Clara and Tara are two. They are the best thing to happen to Bonnie. Bonnie and Clara chase each other and play. Clara is as smart as a whip though, and when Bonnie is sleepy, Clara instinctively knows to leave her alone. But Bonnie is a sheltie, and not a German Shepard. I think that might make a bit of a difference. Oddly enough with all of that fur, DH and I often are furless on our couch.