Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

A Sheltie Movie!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissieLynn, Jan 30, 2014.

1. MissieLynn

MissieLynn Forums Enthusiast

Jun 14, 2013
    Oklahoma
  2. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Hurray! I am tempted to try to bring Honey into the theatre!

3. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    Looks like a cute movie. I am looking forward to seeing it..thanks for sharing the link.

4. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Yes!!!! I'm legitimately bummed that it's going straight to DVD haha.

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Layla loves Scout's prick ears! Who hoo!!!

6. Rileys mom

Rileys mom Forums Enthusiast

May 6, 2013
    MN
    Thanks for sharing! Sheltie + Agilty + Horses....perfect movie combonation! I think I will order the DVD!

7. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    As long as it is not comedy disquising tragedy like Marley and Me. My father in law brought it and demanded I watch it at Christmas. I think his girlfriend who hates me suggested it to torture me, personally. I was in absolute hysterics by the time the dog had A. Bloat and twisted intestine (twice). B. Was being put down (sorry to be a movie spoiler!). I fear bloat more than life itself and once you've witnessed your beloveds' passing this does not make for a fun movie.

Let me know if the sheltie movie is happy and good -- I'll check it out.

8. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Oh no, straight to DVD, and I bet it won't be region 4 PAL so I won't be able to watch it. Edit - I stand corrected, it's in the DVD store already, so I guess I'll be braving the horrendous heat to buy it NOW!!!

It's a real modern day Lassie isn't it. Parent goes off to war, leaves the kid with the grandparents, love interest with a local kid and the dog saves the farm. Except it's the mother who goes off to war, the owner is a girl and Lassie is a Sheltie.

The Sheltie isn't Dandie is it?

9. missjenneygirl

missjenneygirl Forums Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2009
    connecticut
    There are so many sheltie people that would like to save the family farm by winning at agility. It's kind of a duh...:wink2:

I've tried for years to make enough money to retire by showing my dogs, and selling the trophies and ribbons on ebay. I feel I'm very, very close. I will keep showing my dogs every weekend until I have a million dollars.:pop

(This is my story, and I'm stickin' to it!)

:yuckyuck

10. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Why are they calling the dog a Cattle dog? The blurb for the DVD says Cattle dog and both the grandfather and the grand-daughter call it a cattle dog.