Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Changing a dogs name.....

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by BarbV, May 2, 2014.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    If the name isn't working, Barb, then it's not the right name. Period. Forest sounds lovely, and that's how to tell it's the right name.

2. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Great name. And you can practice saying "I didn't know it, Forest, but I was destined to be your Mama" :wink2:

(AMC has been running Forrest Gump a lot for the anniversary--and I've had it on way too many times LOL)

3. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

David and Ryan both vetoed Forest! So its back to Callan

I have to admit....I tried it out a few times after I decided and it didn't fit either.....I never thought choosing a name would be so difficult.

4. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Oh well, gotta please the men too!:wink2:
    PS I still like Callan best!:eek:

5. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Thanks Tabitha....I feel stupid for even trying to change it and to tell everyone....before I told my human boys......What was I thinking?????

6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Not stupid at all! It's a tough thing -- and Callan will pick up many fun nicknames along the way. I mean, who thought Little Bits of Nattering Springs would become Bitsy Boodle?

7. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

I think he thinks his middle name is Monkey!

8. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Or CallaNaughty?