Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Casey visited the vet yesterday

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by Sheltiemama, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Sheltiemama

Sheltiemama Forums Enthusiast

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    We wanted to know how Casey was doing and it was time for this thyroid test. Casey, you might remember, is in renal failure and he turned 14 in January. He was diagnosed in May of last year.

Doc said, "On a CASEY scale, he's a 7 or 8!" Doc also said we had already thrown out the book on Casey and we'd just do whatever we needed to or he wanted us to so he'd be happy and comfortable. Doc calls him the Energizer Bunny. Said his blood work came back as good as could be expected. Just waiting on the thyroid results. I'm expecting to have to change his meds there. His hair is greasy feeling.

So all in all, we got a very good report on our little boy. He's down to 18.4 lbs now and is pretty much skin and bones. I feed him 4 times a day now but he doesn't eat much at any one time. However, he sure loves to eat and gets excited when he knows it's time to eat!

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    As a former hospice nurse, I can see you're giving Casey the best care ever. You're helping him LIVE every day with joy. :hugs

3. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    May your Casey have a lot more comfort time with you. He has traveled this far with the strength gotten from your loving care. He is so blessed to have that love.

Trini

4. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    You and Casey are in my thoughts.

5. tocamom

tocamom Forums Regular

May 6, 2012
    Casey sends barks to Casey

Casey sends a woof and might even promise a small cookie to his cousin, Casey. Our best to you & your baby.

Kay
    :hugs

6. Sheltiemama

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    Thanks for the kind words. Sometimes I just want to "talk" to other Sheltie owners because you all....understand. We've all been there in some form or another.

Again, thank you.

7. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Sending prayers & hugs your way during this difficult time.

8. sable

sable Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    Prayers for Casey, hopefully you have positive reports coming. Sure is hard
    when these shelties become seniors. Many more happy days for you and Casey.

9. dogcatmom02

dogcatmom02 Forums Regular

Apr 6, 2014
    york,pa
    My thoughts and prayers are with you, Casey and your family.

10. Sheltiemama

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    Thanks for all the kind words. Casey is doing remarkably well for being in kidney failure. So far, so good.