Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

One of those 'What have I done?' moments

Discussion in 'Agility' started by labgirl, Mar 8, 2014.

1. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Sharon, your Ally sounds so much like my Stormie was. He just laughed at life and had fun no matter what we were doing. Thankfully I don't have a competitive bone in my body or I would have been constantly embarrassed and exasparated by his antics...I loved his spirit and the joy he took in everything we did. Interestingly he was also probably the smartest sheltie we have ever had...he could puzzle out anything. He was truly a once in a lifetime boy. He died of gall bladder cancer 7 years ago at only 10 years old...we still miss him literally everyday.

Give Ally a hug from me and tell her to just go on being herself and loving life. :)

Trini

2. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Oh yes the public love watching dogs have fun, even if it is not what the handler wanted:lol:

I've decided my commentary statement shall be:
    Merlin will tell Sophie off when she goes wrong and will storm off the course if she does really badly.

Then I am covered for all eventualities!:biggrin2:

3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    It's a fun fair -- so have fun!!! :biggrin2:

4. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Tini, our Ally is our little clown, a free spirit and independent thinker, for sure. We use the phrase "What, me worry?" (I am dating myself here) for her. I will sure give her a hug from you right now. She is a character and we love her to pieces. :smile2: I wish I could have met your Stormie; he sounds awesome! :yes: And I'm very sorry he passed at a young age. So not fair. :no:

6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    That sounds like a GREAT plan! :lol:

7. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    You'll have a blast! Just think, you'll be opening people's eyes to agility :biggrin2:. Don't worry, I'm having a "what have I done" moment too by entering Ruu in a show in May when he hasn't done Agility since October minus weaves and jumps. But, he goes back to class this Friday and it's the only trial in my area until like October...sooo we're gambling and trying it! :dead:

8. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    :lol: That sounds like what Honey does to me. One mistake in her eyes and it's bark bark bark bark...

9. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    You are definitely covered. I did a little agility example for my friend. We're talking 6 obstacles, at a fair, in front of whomever was there. While I ran, he talked a bit about me. OMG. Honestly, most nerve wracking thing I have ever done. However I'm sure by the time you get to your third run, you'll be so winded you won't care anymore and will only be praying to not die from lack of oxygen. Haha. I'm joking. Maybe.

Just have fun with it. If Merlin gets spooked by kids next to the ring, make sure someone is on them to stay away. That's on thing I noticed when the public watches. They are up against the ring. Yuck.

Good luck and have fun. You'll be fine.

10. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Thanks all:smile2:

My friend has coined a term for when Merlin has one of his moments, it's called 'doing a Merlin'. He is a funny little character, so serious. At least he no longer takes it so badly when I laugh at him for going wrong.

I hope I don't have to call in the oxygen takes! Thank goodness I am only running one dog!