Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Sheltie Nation Fundraiser for Petunia

Discussion in 'Events' started by Kelly, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Girl

Little Girl Forums Regular

Dec 19, 2010
    Northeast PA
    Yeah for Petunia~

I am so thrilled that Miss Petunia is doing well. Her story has touched our hearts. We can't be happier for you Connie! She is going to bring you such joy!!

Love to all-

Christina
    Mom to my first Sheltie Baby a Little Girl, rescued and named Aria

2. Lynnel

Lynnel Forums Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2011
    Oceanport, NJ
    It just makes me smile to hear such great news about Petunia, I think we all feel a bond with her. Lots of love and support sending your way little wonder girl. :) thank you to her Foster dads for all there love and support too. You are good people <3

3. Maida

Maida Forums Regular

Jul 31, 2011
    Beaverton, Oregon
    I am wondering about Sweet Petunia. Is she still at the foster parents or does Connie have her at home now?

Maida, owned by sweet Christopher, sweet Ritchie and my eight wonderful precious Sheltie angels

4. Connie

Connie Forums Regular

May 30, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I think ... there has been a change of plans. Petunia's foster dads have fallen in love with her. I believe she will be staying with them and an adoption will take place.

Although I will not get to meet Petunia and enjoy her as a member of my group, I am delighted that this pretty girl, who has been through such hard times, has several loving homes that have asked for her. It would not make any sense to take her from a place where she is already bonded to the other dogs and the foster dads and send her across the country, so I have politely declined to be the wicked person who tears Petunia from the bosom of her family. LOL! I am happy for her and for her foster dads, and I congratulate them on failing Fostering 101 with this dog.

I had a sad shock this past week when my Irwin, a senior Sheltie I adopted from Central Illinois Sheltie Rescue last September, passed away. He collapsed and died within a few hours, on July 19. My petsitter called me and I did make it home in time to be with him at the end, and he had a very peaceful passing. We think his heart gave out -- he had a Grade 3 heart murmur which could have been an indicator of a serious condition. And he, like Petunia, had had a pretty rotten time of it before the rescue got him. So I am happy for Irwin that he had a peaceful departure and was with his family at the end, and that he enjoyed almost a year of love and happiness in my household. I miss him a lot. He was a little bossy-boots and one of those Shelties who always wants to know where you are so he can be right by you!

The rescue put a lovely tribute to Irwin on their memorial page: http://www.illinoissheltierescue.com/memorial.html

I am sure that another senior Sheltie will find his/her way to my house in due time. Meanwhile, my 3 Shelties, my rescue Lapphund, and my rescue BC join me in wishing a long, healthy life filled with love to Petunia, and in wishing peace and eternal love to Irwin.

Boy, you just never know what's coming, do you! :eek2:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  5. copper5228

copper5228 Forums Enthusiast

May 23, 2012
    Wappingers Falls, NY
    Connie,

My condolences on Irwin....I do hope that you and all of your furry friends are adjusting to Irwin's absence. I am sure he is missed tremendously.

Thank you for being so kind and gracious and opening up your heart and home to Petunia. Her foster dads do love her very much and I know their decision to keep her forever (or let her move on) was a difficult one. Petunia will be loved, and she's a very special girl to have so much support from so many people!!!

Best wishes and hug all of the pups for me today!!

6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    A happy ending for all, in the end. But - Amy, can you encourage Petunia's foster dads to join Sheltie Nation? :biggrin2: That way we could all stay connected and get occasional Petunia updates and pics. Worth a try!

7. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    Agreed! I hope Petunia's adopters would be encouraged to join us here to keep her in the family. :hugs

I'll close this thread now.

8. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.