Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

A Sheltie for Miley Cyrus?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by harrisla, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Thank you for posting. It is not our right or responsibility to judge you or Miley. Both of you are entitled to your privacy and you should not have to explain at all.

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Thanks for the explanation, Renee. Very well said! Instead of criticizing this choice, we should use this opportunity to point to high-profile people who seek responsible breeders for their dogs. The AR people would certainly do that and we need all the help we can get.

Aside from her public persona and how we may feel about that, the important thing is that the dogs are loved and well cared for, and that really seems to be the case here.

3. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Renee, thank you for taking the time to post that. I will be the first to admit I read way too much into tabloids and gossip magazines. You sound like you really did you research and there is no doubt that the Cyrus family loves animals and has the resources to get the best for them.

4. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Thank you for posting.

I know my initial reaction to the topic was the same as others but when Ann said she personally knew and respected the breeder I allowed my fears to ebb. As someone who supports and encourages people to seek out responsible breeders trusting the opinion of said breeder to make the best decision for their puppies needs to follow.

We constantly talk about trusting our breeders when we talk to them and ask questions about puppies we are interested in. We likewise need to trust that a good, responsible breeder is doing the same due diligence with ALL their perspective homes regardless of who that potential owner is.

Thank you, Renee, for not being blinded by "star light" and holding yourself to the same placement standards regardless of the name of the potential owner.

5. Aynesa

Aynesa Forums Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Las Vegas
    There are pictures of Miley and Emu the day they met on my facebook page that are public (You don't need a facebook account or to be my friend or logged in to see), facebook.com/Aynesa. I can't figure out how to post the pictures here, but ya'll are quite welcome to have a look-see. They are CRAZY about one another and were from the first minute! :)

6. Aynesa

Aynesa Forums Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Las Vegas
    LOL! Silaria, to be honest the first time when I heard the name, I thought it was a joke and laughed and asked "Okay, okay, who put you up to this?!" I only truly started believing I was *ACTUALLY* dealing with the Cyrus family (And I've been a fan of Billy's since the 90s!) when I checked references... but they are truly fantastic people, really down to earth. Miley even took pictures with my 9 year old sister and talked to her, and she's a huge fan. It was a fabulous experience.

7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    What an incredibly clear, articulate post! Congratulations to both you and Miley! May she and Emu have long years of happiness!!! Thank you so much.
    :hugs

8. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Here you go Renee - for those who don't have Facebook.

Attached Files:

9. Aynesa

Aynesa Forums Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Thanks Emmasmom! :D

10. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    That still looks like a BIG puppy. How old is he in that picture? On the track to go oversize? That's ok, I like the bigger shelties.