Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Tresaderm in lieu of Mometamax?

Discussion in 'Drugs & Medications' started by Sheltie4, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Sheltie4

Sheltie4 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2013
    Kansas City
    I am sure I misspelled the ointments, but here is the story:

Jonesie Dream and Piper got into a couple of altercations 3 days ago. This has never happened before between these two, so I was taken aback.

After I got them separated (I literally put my hands in Jonesie's mouth to pry her jaws off of Piper's ear - Don't try this at home!), I saw that Piper had a couple of bite marks in her ear. Just a little blood, but the inside of her ear was slightly punctured. Since it was minor, I wiped it clean and put a dab of Epti-Otic solution in her ear.

Took Piper to the vet today, and he suggested Mometamax. Thought I had some at home, so didn't buy any.

Of course, I got home and didn't have any. So I put a little TresaDerm in her ear instead. Wonder if that will help?

Will call my vet tomorrow and ask his opinion, but just wondering what you all think?

2. Bradt9881

Bradt9881 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2014
    Fayetteville, NC
    Not familiar with those, but OTC neosporin works fine for prevention....

3. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    I was going to say the same thing...and you can get the Neosporin cream with pain relief so if her ear is hurting it will help that too. While Mickey's incision was healing from his luxating patella I used the neo with pain relief and it really helped.

Trini

4. Sharon

Sharon Forums Sage

Feb 27, 2008
    Southeastern Ct
    Tresadermin lieu of Mometamax

Not sure but isn't Tresaderm for ear mites?I have used Mometax this year on Sting because of an ear infecton.Nope I was wrong tresaderm is not for earmites!!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014