Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Toby's day...

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Megansmom, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas
    We're home!!!

Thank you ALL for your kind words of support and encouragement :hugs. We are home no worse for the wear. Although he did need a butt bath as soon as we got home since he pooped on himself :eek2:. He was clean every place else :eek:. I bought a soft cone in case he needs it, so far he doesn't. I'll probably put it on at bed time.

Again, thank you ALL for your support :biggrin2:

2. marymrumfelt

marymrumfelt Forums Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    Glad he's okay. On that note, just had a friend tell me she worked for a vet who wouldn't give the animals enough medicine to sedate and they'd cry through their surgeries.... so it certainly goes both ways... scary! Glad he made it okay and I'd be annoyed too if they referred to it as whimpy...although, my boy was a whimp b/c I've fostered several boys who were just neutered and they acted fine... my boy cried and whimpered lol... either way, the pain killers are his right for undergoing surgery!

3. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas

Maggie even though you feel the need to point out many negative aspects of many subjects, I would venture to say MOST animal hospitals AND clinics would NEVER do surgery without proper, adequate anesthesia. I trust our animal hospital explicitly with the care of my pets..On that note, the receptionist who I talked to today handled my concern beautifully as did my Vet.

4. marymrumfelt

marymrumfelt Forums Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    Oh, I agree MOST clinics don't do that. My point was there are faulty vets and faulty low-cost clinics. You just have to do your research on the facility and I would always do blood work prior to any kind of anesthesia. I had never heard of any clinic -- vet or low cost -- doing such a thing, granted I don't know numerous people who have worked with vets, but I am not saying it's the common way for any clinic....

5. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas

Maggie HALF the reason the animal hospitals are far more expensive than spay/neuter clinics, IS all the blood work, anesthesia, nursing care, IV drip, etc etc etc that is given during such a procedure as neutering...at least the hospitals around here do!

Anyway, this post/ thread was originally intended to ask for positive thoughts and prayers on behalf of my baby boy during his neutering, NOT all the evils that can happen at different facilities..So please refrain from pointing them out!

6. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    I am so glad to hear that Toby is home and doing well.

7. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas

Thank you thank you Danielle!!! :hugs

8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    me too:yes:

9. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Glad all went well with Mr Toby. Wishing him an uneventful and speedy recovery.:smile2:

10. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    so glad Toby is home and doing well.