Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

He is whinning and wont stop!

Discussion in 'Behavior' started by JessicaR, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    I could have written that post. Shelby is such a whiner too. She whines at EVERYTHING. She has always whined since the day we got her. Sometimes she has a reason to be whining (has to go out, wants to play, there is a reflection on the ceiling, daddy went outside without me, oh yeah and there are people outside her house). But other times there is no reason for her to be whining. Sometimes I think she just does it because she likes to hear herself.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with her she just likes to whine. If DH tells her "enough!" she will stop and then pout about it. It used to drive us crazy but after 2 years she is not quite as bad and we have gotten used to just ignoring her when she whines. A Dr. that I work with has a dog that sings when he plays classical music. He also finds that the dog walks around the office "humming". So maybe just like some people like to walk around whisteling our dogs like to walk around and whine. When DH asks why she is whining I just tell him because she can.

2. sable

sable Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    Jessica I hear your pain. Don't feel bad I think there are other whiners here too. Lil' Lady does it when the DH moves his feet that she is laying on.

Its not funny but her actions I laugh without her hearing me. Its the body language on her that is a killer. Swings the body and head, like WELL you disturbed me, I will whine and pout now. I just give a big NO NO NO.

Maybe Dusty figures well mom doesn't like for me to bark in the car, so I will whine. These shelties are so darn smart trying to meet a goal whatever it might be. Wish we could pick their little brains and ask them what they are thinking, and they could tell us. Well they have to do it their way, whine.

Hopefully some way some how you can get some relief with Dusty. The one I really feel bad for too is your son. That has to be so frustrating for him.

We send our very best wishes all will be okie dokie soon. Soon would be good.

3. JessicaR

JessicaR Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2008
    Tiffin Ohio
    My son is going to work with Belle, which means I am not going to be able to show her anymore, but she is 5 y/o so she deserves a break :wink2:

Now that I think about it he probably does want off leash, but unfortunatly I cant do that when we are walking or during class. I do take him to the park a lot and let him and Belle run. The car whining could be excitement I guess, he is always so happy to meet new people and to go places, espiecially to school where all those kids give him attention

Maida; I got Dusty as a puppy he has always been in my home and I am a stay at home mom so he is almost never alone. But yeah he loves attention