Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Lil' Lady @ the vets.

Discussion in 'Behavior' started by sable, Mar 14, 2014.

1. sable

sable Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    Lady acted horrible yesterday. They have a hard time finding a vein with her coat, so the vet had to come in and do it. She whined the entire time. I had her nails clipped, wiggle and whine. The tech is holding her and I am holding her head and the vet is working on her blood test, stool test, nail clip and so on. Takes three people to work on her?

Her Royal Highness needs a prozac. There is my Lucky so calm and sweet.
    He is doing fantastic on his meds. He never whimpered. Got all the tests done, got a shot for his heart. Not one whimper out of him.

Its a good thing I love this little girl. LOL! She really is precious, and Lucky is above par on everything.

2. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Your Lady sounds like my Mickey...you would think he was being murdered the way he complains and struggles at the vet's and it also takes one or two techs, the vet and me to hold him still enough to get any work done. My others are all so patient and compliant...I keep hoping that my MickMan will learn from them...but so far no go.

Got to love them anyway! LOL

Trini

3. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    You want bad? Melli has to be muzzled for everyone's safety and about goes into a seizure just for nail clipping or ear drops.

I am dreading in the next month or two our big vet visit for full exam, blood work, HW test, fecal, the works. My other dog, here's my paw, just do it". Guh.

4. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Sca does the passive resistance or hide thing. Either pull against the effort or hide behind me. One time he saw the vet tech and stuffed his nose under my arm like "I can't see you, you can't see me"

Spitfire is a bigger challenge, they keep a firm grip on him as they say he is a quick little bugger :lol: Nothing passive about his get aways. Though I suddenly become his best friend and get leaned on a bunch.

5. Sheltie4

Sheltie4 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2013
    Kansas City
    Thankfully, mine all just sit there and take it . . . although they all HATE having their temperature taken:eek2:

I have feeling that when I take my 10 week old foster boy in for his puppy booster and micro-chip next week, it will take all of us to hold this 7 lb puppy down!

6. sable

sable Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    Lady isn't alone on acting up. LOL! Honestly she got so stressed the white of her eyes were red.

We are good mom and pops taking them to the vets and getting stressed too.
    All I can say it isn't a fun trip.

7. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Hollie got so stressed at the vet once so bad that it took about 4 people to hold her just to clip her nails. Her eyes were red and then she pooped all over the table. I felt so bad for her.

After that experience I never had a problem clipping her nails.