Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Bacca, my boy...has crossed to the bridge....

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by BarbV, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Harbour

Harbour Forums Regular

Oct 10, 2011
    Waynesville
    Barb, I think I cried the hardest on the day I picked up Harbour's ashes. I can only begin to imagine how hard tomorrow will be for you and Indy.

Koffoy and I are saying lots of prayers for you all and sending hugs.

2. terdonal

terdonal Forums Enthusiast

Apr 9, 2008
    Maple Ridge. BC
    I am so sorry to hear about Bacca, I know he will be in your heart and ours. He will be waiting for you at the bridge.

3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Thinking of you today with love, Barb. Wish I could drive you.

4. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    Hugs to you Barb. We are all here for you. :hugs

5. Dexter'sMom

Dexter'sMom Forums Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2011
    Ottawa Ont Canada
    :hugs

sending our love !

6. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Well, darn! Just when I think I'm starting to get a grip, I start to cry all over again

All I can say, again, is thanks again to this forum for being there with me over the last 5+ years (has it really been that long????) with my journey with my boys. It's been a roller coaster ride for sure.

And now, perhaps, I'm about to start a new journey with Indy and ??????:confused2:

7. JLSOhio51

JLSOhio51 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2013
    Ohio
    Barb:

This reminded me of something. There are times when I remember my 1st Sheltie and I shed a tear (I lost Demetrius longer ago than the age of some of our younger members). Someone mentioned earlier that it doesn't get easier, it just gets different. Now, my tears come with a little smile. I pray that soon, your tears come with a little smile. :sadsmile:

8. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Well, I picked up the ashes and put them away in a closet.

Then David came to my house and wanted to see them. He took them out of the box, and put it on my "shrine". This is my informal cupboard where I hold all my most precious memories.

I love David for doing that.....I could not quite do it myself. I was not ready to say goodbye, but that act was the final bye!

9. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Hugs to you. We have our Quasar's ashes on a shelf in a hutch along with a poem on an etched stone with his picture. It was hard at first, but now we see them and it reminds us not of the loss but of the life of love.

There will come a day when you remember only the love. No other love will be the same or replace him, but others will come along with different love to be cherished in its own way and will fill you wih a new special love to help you keep going.

10. Rassy

Rassy Forums Enthusiast

Nov 7, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    I am very sorry to be reading about poor Bacca,, i have been following barb v and her puppys for as long as we have had ours... Well hes gone to good place to play with all the rest of the puppys.... heart felt sorrow to you Barb..