Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Bay Area Sheltie Clubs?

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by AusnAsh, May 11, 2014.

1. AusnAsh

AusnAsh Forums Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    Bay Area
    So I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post to, but I'm hoping that it might be. This summer, I really want to attend a sheltie club so that Asher can meet other shelties and mingle. I've looked on both the website for Sheltie Club of Northern California and the Sacramento Shetland Sheepdog Club, but haven't been able to find any events that are for mingling. I'd love to hear from someone in those groups if there's a fun day (the Nor Cal Sheltie Rescue said that they have those every once in a while). Anyone have any info on the inside scoop?

Thanks!

2. Tami

Tami Forums Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2008
    Southern California
    I don't know about functions for either as I don't belong to their clubs (I'm in SoCal) but if you contact either their corresponding secretaries or the email link on the websites they should be able to let you know.

If you need their corr sec info go to ASSA.org and click on the member club link and it'll give you names, phone, and email addresses.

3. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    <http://www.sheltiesunday.com/>

this is a sheltie social gathering. I've been once, but it is a drive for me.
    A lot of these people have dogs that come from the same breeder.
    They baby gate off the exits at a small local park and let the dogs play :D

4. AusnAsh

AusnAsh Forums Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    Bay Area
    Thank you Tami. I will contact that and see what they say. I didn't even think to do that. Sounds so obvious haha

I looked up sheltie Sundays and contacted the founder. That sounds like a lot of fun! Thank you. I unfortunately have church during the time they meet but, I could probably do it once a month. I'm so curious as to how Asher will act. He's getting neutered in June and I really hope it will help alleviate his "macho man" behavior. He's getting a lot better. I've heard of Shelties enjoying spending time with other Shelties even if they're nervous about other dogs in general.