Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Gypsy is incontinent again!

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by dawns2shelties, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    I am so so sorry about Gypsy. My heart goes out to you. I am keeping you and Gypsy in my thoughts and prayers.

2. mmcginty

mmcginty Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2011
    Our hearts go out to you as well. Hugs to you and sweet Gypsy. :hugs

-Mark, Jake and Brandy

3. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

All of you are so amazing. Your love support and prayers is so appreciated. It has been a very long and tiring day. Gypsy is resting comfortably by my side and I will cherish every moment I have left with her. Thank you all so much.

4. SheltieChe

SheltieChe Forums Sage

Jan 6, 2010
    Chicago
    aww, just read this post... have no words how sorry I am to hear Gypsy story...
    this clip is not about shelties, and it is about someone else's journey and not even about sports you care/ did with your dogs... but there is powerful message... dogs come into our life for many reasons and share their life with us... sometimes we don't quite know the reasons .... yet we treasure every moment of our journey together
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfXGD4hP1Ro

5. dawns2shelties

Thank you, I was just saying yesterday Gypsy has gotten me through the losses of all the dear ones who were most precious to me in my life. When Lacey passed she was still a puppy so demanded so much of my attention, when Chandler passed she layed close to my side and grieved along with me, when Betsy passed she looked in my eyes and told me I would be ok. I layed in bed lastnight wondering how I would get through losing her. It's a scary thought. This will be the first time in 20yrs. that I will not have a dog.

6. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Hi Dawn: Hope you and Gypsy had a good night last night. I know when you are both ready you will give her her wings and she will soar again. There's a special angel up there waiting to greet her and to watch over her, and the rest of your fur family, until you are reunited. Hold her close while she is here and then let her go knowing that you gave her a life full of love and care.

7. UConn Sheltie

UConn Sheltie Forums Regular

Nov 18, 2011
    Conn
    I can't find the words at this time so I will just leave it at :hugs

8. seashel

seashel Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2010
    Kent, UK
    Dawn, I have not the words to say how very sorry I am to hear this news. I am sending :hugs to you and Gypsy this weekend and will keep you both in my prayers.

9. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    Oh Dawn...what a heartbreak! Like everyone else, I have no words...take care...love and hugs...

10. dawns2shelties

Overall Gypsy and I had an ok day. She wasn't feeling too well this morning but I did finally get her to eat about a 1/4 cup of food just now. The incontinence med did kick in quickly but i think it is making her nauseous. I gave her a cerenia this morning and took her for an hour walk in the stroller this afternoon.

We sat by one of the lakes in my developement and had a long chat about our journey together and those beautiful eyes of hers looked so sad at some points but alert at others. On the way back we were going past a few Geese so I decided to take her out and see her reaction. She stood there, not one bark or herding instinct. That was a sad sight since she enjoyed herding the gulls at our old park in Baltimore. I put her back in the stroller and off we went, I think she did give a few other Geese we passed the good old Sheltie Stink Eye :eek2: because one of them hissed at us. She is resting beside me on the couch now.

On Monday I will call and Give Dr Todd and Dr Bruce a report of how she did on the weekend and take things from there. I really am struggling with letting my girl go, I really don't know if I can do this yet. I will just have to take things on a day to day basis and watch her closely since I do not want her to continue to suffer or lose her dignity either.

Hugs and love to all of you and your pups.