Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Nickname for your dog?

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by BarbV, Feb 13, 2014.

1. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

I often address the dogs as " Monkies". Come, Monkies, come inside Monkies, etc. I have no idea where I got it, but I was watching a video of a rescue dog that I'm thinking about adopting, and the foster called him Monkey as well.

Made me think how many of us call our dogs "monkey's" (and why would we for that matter) or what other nickname you use.

I know there have been similar posts already, but I just had to throw in the Monkey theme.....

2. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    When Dickens isn't Dickens, he's my Tooney-Doggie.

3. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Shay is Boo because he plays this game with us where you say BOO and he runs away and back or round and round upstairs around the square around the staircase.

Melli is Melli-Belly because she is fat. We also call her wiggly-piggly from her wiggle walk she does and because she is fat.

My beloved Quasar was Bubba Bear and that name just happened one day and stuck, Holly was just Hol, and Mayson was Mayce.

I don't have a pack call name.

4. MissieLynn

MissieLynn Forums Enthusiast

Jun 14, 2013
    Oklahoma
    I call mine the little monk (which of course is short for monkey). She also has a plethora of other nicknames including: Em, Emster, Em & Em, wooflian, woofy-doodle, fuzzy rump, fuzz butt, snippity-snap, ruffle-tuffle-sniffy-snuffle, sniffy-snuffy, and mountain goat.

Looking at them now, they are a lot goofier than I realized. :lol: She puts up with a lot, bless her little heart.

5. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Furball :D

wookie monster is for when he is making his noises when getting a belly rub after I come home for work.

when I am dealing with Gavin and puppy friends, I refer to them as 'children'. it works!

6. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Shelby's nicknames are:

Stink- because when she was a pup she really had a smell to her when she was teething, and she looked like a little skunk.

Beep, shell beep- because she is such a whiner and often let's out this quick but loud squeak/whine. We just say she is "beeping".

Baby puppy- just because she she is and always will be our baby puppy.

7. mellie

mellie Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2011
    East Coast
    We both, DH and I , call Sally, "Sally Doodle"- "Doodle" for short. Just seems to fit her. Sometimes I call her "Sal" too.

8. bi-blacks

bi-blacks Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2012
    Winnipeg, Mb. Canada
    Reno's is Reno Beano and probably you can figure that one out. After some room clearing episodes we figured it was his food (chicken is a no no ) And Meadow is our Missy Meadow.

9. ute_fan

ute_fan Forums Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2012
    Utah
    I only have Callie, so no pack name. She has quite a few "alternative" names though, depending on my mood.

The two most frequent as Miss Fluffy-butt, and Miss Barks-a-lot. Kind of sounds like a Sheltie, doesn't it?

10. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    I call my pack girls or ladies. Pyper is Pypie or Sweety or Baby. Kenzie is just Kenzie. Lexi doesn't really have a nickname, but she probably thinks it's "Quiet". She clearly doesn't think it means stop barking!! :smile2: