Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello from Central Ca

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by mistyblue, Feb 26, 2014.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Forums Novice

Jan 27, 2014
    CA
    Hi my name is Mistyblue, but my mom's name is Susan. My mom adopted me from a not so nice lady, but now I have a paws perfect home! :biggrin2: I have really good food, a warm place in her big box, not sure what it's called but she has a ramp thingy for me, to come in and out. She takes me everywhere, well if its too hot she leaves me at home, but I got animal planet, and the kitties keep me company when she has to go out. I sadly hate to admit it but was a puppy mill bitch for many years, and I am a purebred Blue Merle Sheltie.......but since coming to my new momma and home, I had emergency uterus cancer surgery but she took really good care of me, and so did a vet doctor, never went to one of those my entire life, but they too took really good care of me. Now it's raining today, and mama got a new rain coat for me, so i won't get all wet. My momma belongs to alot of Sheltie rescues, and would do anything for any animal regardless of breed. I got a sister, but she is big, not a sheltie like me but she's ok. Anyways, we are from Central CA
    between two big cities. She takes me for walks and we watch tv together, I get lots of love and kisses, groomed with a big brush weekly and she told me I have to go back to the vet guy here soon, but that's ok, cuz I know my momma is doing right by me, and I love her like crazy. I also get to sleep on the big bed in the afternoons every day with my momma and sister, then she gets me off the bed, I can't jump on it as I am 10 years old, so she gently lifts me up and off. Then she gives me medications that I have to have for life, then she fixes me yummy's for dinner, but I always have fresh water, really good, and really good kibble. I am glad my momma found this site. I think it will be really helpful to both of us! Mistyblue & Susan

2. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    Welcome to SN from one Susan to another Susan. It sounds like Mistyblue was rescued and has found a wonderful forever-home....what a great thing to happen to a blue merle lady. I am a blue merle owner also...Sir Dash will turn 3 in April and my sable female will be 13 the same month. I hope you enjoy the forum and we do love to see pics of Shelties.

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    welcome:smile2:
    we love pix:yes:

4. Bradt9881

Bradt9881 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2014
    Fayetteville, NC
    Welcome, and glad to see some rain in Cali!

5. Mitchy

Mitchy Forums Enthusiast

Oct 22, 2012
    Idaho, USA
    Hello and welcome! Sounds like a rescue leading to a match made in heaven!

6. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Welcome to Mistyblue & Susan! I am in Central CA too! Squaw Valley up the 180 headed to Kings Canyon. We go and play around the big trees and Hume Lake all summer long. We do most of our shopping and stuff in Fresno & Visalia. Our dog school is in Fresno too. Melody Rose is a rescue out of Bakersfield and so is her big shepherd brother Shay. Who knows! Mistyblue & Melody Rose might just be related!

Feel free to PM me sometime and let me know more about Mistyblue. Maybe we can meet someday.

Oh -- and we are SO thankful for the rain today! Hopefully it is many many more wet storms before summer.

7. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Welcome MistyBlue and Susan to Sheltie Nation. As many before me stated, we love pictures. Boy, MistyBlue are you ever lucky that you were smart enough to adopt Susan and she even lets you use her computer, you sure did write a lovely letter of introduction. Susan sounds like a wonderful pet mommy and is already well on the road to spoiling you rotten. Kudos Susan on the adoption and to you MistyBlue for finding the perfect forever home and becoming a lady of leisure. :winkgrin: :yes:

8. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Welcome. :smile2:

MistyBlue, you sure got lucky with the Mom you adopted! Many years ago I have a blue girl who was named Misty...so my Mom thinks that any blue girl with the name Misty has to be something extra special and it sounds like you are.

I know CA really needs rain, but hopefully the current heavy rain in parts of CA won't lead to too much flooding and mud slides.

Trini

9. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    We had a great rain today in Central CA! About a 1-1/2 " over two days. Just a drop in the empty bucket but it keeps the pastures green and brings some snow to the super high country.

10. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Welcome, beautiful girl. Enjoy your new life of love and leisure!