Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hope sheltie mix small times up! Blackwell pound, OK

Discussion in 'Adopt a Sheltie' started by Danny's mommy, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    I sent Sheltie Shack a donation. Linda went and got Copper, Lucky and Lobo the collie and she arranged for Hope to go to a sheltie rescue. During the tornado outbreak she had a sheltie slumber party in her basement, eight shelties. She took all three dogs to the vet too. She never was annoyed with me when asking for her help with these four dogs and she is very professional and caring in what she does. She has kept me updated on them plus sent pictures. I could go on and on praising her. But then all rescues deserve praise don't they. And the foster moms and dads are our unsung heroes. Bottom line Hope is safe. Two more rescues offered helping her today but Linda quickly worked on getting Hope safe already. I forgot she also rescued Salsa when I told her that her owners wanted her put down when they took her to the pound. All Linda said was something like geez I haven't even gotten home from getting the other ones.

2. Danny's mommy

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    Update on Hope- she was picked up Thursday and went to a home until next week on the 28th she will be hitching a ride on a transport going to sheltie rescue in Arizona. Linda at sheltie shack made all the arrangments. Hope is said to be more of an Aussie mix and a lot smaller than appearing in her pictures. Hope is safe amidst lots of sheltie company.

3. mlamont

mlamont Forums Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2010
    PA
    Thanks Danny’s mom for the update. I’m so glad Hope is finding her new home. The folks at Sheltie Shack are great! Go Linda and Sheltie Shack!!

Thanks again Danny’s mom for finding Hope… sending all the emails, making all of the connections… not only for Hope but all of the others (i know it's a lot of work). You’re saving lives and it’s so good to read these posts of, yet, another that made it out alive. This just warms my heart.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  4. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    i am still going to try and get Hope. i really want her, i am glad she is safe, now all i can do is hope that the rescue allows out of state adoptions.
    as for being a aussie mix, would fit in with Tessa real well, Tessa is half sheltie, half mini aussie.

5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Great news! So glad for Hope. Sheltie Shack really went out of their way on this one.

Rose, good luck with adopting her. At lease we all can breathe a sigh of relief that she is SAFE.

6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Rose, I really hope (no pun intended) you can make this happen. We're pulling for you!! :fl

7. Danny's mommy

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    A Ray of Hope Rose - I contacted Arizona Sheltie Rescue and asked if they did out of state adoptions. They said yes. But there is the transport issue and they would want a home check done. By who I don't know.

8. lasheltie

lasheltie Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2012
    I know someone here in Louisiana that adopted a sheltie from Wyoming. The Wyoming rescue contacted someone from the Boxer rescue in this area to do a home visit. So maybe the rescue that is getting Hope can contact a rescue in Rose's area & ask the favor of a screening. There has to be a way to make it work.

9. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    I am praying over this situation. I so much want Rose to be able to adopt Hope.

I truly believe it will happen!

10. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    update on Hope

just got a update on Hope, she is now with AZ aussie rescue. she is a mini aussie. so i am now looking into their adoption policies :fl