Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Davina - UD title, 4 OTCh points, HIT

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by fuzbuttsheltie, Apr 14, 2012.

1. fuzbuttsheltie

fuzbuttsheltie Forums Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Yesterday at the Lebanon Kennel Club obedience trial held in Harrisburg, PA, Davina earned her UD title with a score of 195.5. She won the class, 4 OTCh points and HIT. It was a very small showing, only 7 in Utility, and usually there are well into the 20-30s. I guess the $30 per entry, $8 for parking and $6 entrance fees kept many from entering. The Rally ring entries were very low, only 2 in Advance A. The premium listed the obedience rings would be intertwined with the 15 Breed rings and that in itself might have kept even more from entering.

By the way, there were 44 shelties entered in Breed.

We lost points as I let her touch the stanchion on a go out and we need to perfect our glove 3 exercise. That turn to the #3 glove gets her bouncing backwards into heel position.

Here's a picture of our loot! We also earned $35 in vendor bucks which I immediately turned them over to On Lead, the leash maker.

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr115/rallyobedience/photo15.jpg

Dani
    Armitage Dazzling Spun Gold CDX, RAE
    Double Dare Derrick CD, RAE
    Staymat Magnificent Journey UD
    Blackmyst Poker Face

2. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Wild applause here for a job WELL DONE! In record time, with FANTASTIC scores! congratulations on your UD, OTCh points and fantastic obedience journey to UD!

So thrilled for your good dog, and you!

3. ClantyreSheltie

ClantyreSheltie Forums Sage

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    Awesome!

I don't think she gets the OTCH points though. She has to have the UD first.

They aren't charging entry for exhibitors, are they?? I'll be up tomorrow, and that will totally irk me.

4. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    Nice job...well done!! Lots of nice loot.

5. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Congrats on the UD and HIT! Beautiful ribbons. You'll have to share a picture of the lead when you get it.

6. fuzbuttsheltie

fuzbuttsheltie Forums Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Thanks!

Davina earned her title out of UB which qualifies her for the OTCh points.

My friends and I were charged the $6 each and we were all carting our crates and utility articles. I must have made 4 trips, 2 trips with 2 dogs and at no time did they refund my monies. We parked in the first row of parking right outside the Obedience rings. Perhaps they charged us for reserved parking.

Good luck tomorrow!!

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Congrats:yes:
    awesome job and nice loot:smile2:

8. ClantyreSheltie

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    Section 1. Dogs that May Compete. Obedience Trial Championship points will be recorded for dogs that have earned the Utility Dog title.

Just like UDX legs don't count until the dog has a UD, they don't get to rack up OTCH points either. Also, if they are letting Obedience dogs get CH points before earning the title, then us agility folk are getting screwed! :lol:

So is OTCH the goal? I look forward to hearing about her wins.

9. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Congrats Dani and Davina! Way to go.:smile2:.

If she was in UB, she did earn the OTCH points . It is a glitch in the system and unless they changed in the last year or 2, last UD leg in the UB equals OTCH points.I don't know if she gets the class win or just the points. But I know several people who have done this. Weird but true.

10. ClantyreSheltie

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    Glitch? AKC? Surely you jest... :razz: seriously? They haven't figured out how to fix that?

Ok Dani, your job is to check the win in a few weeks and see what you actually got. :smile2: