Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Little blue girl

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Judyg, Aug 13, 2014.

1. ute_fan

ute_fan Forums Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2012
    Utah
    The images are coming up as unavailable. The setting on the photos and/or album probably needs to be changed to public so that those of us who aren't your Facebook friends can see them.

Can't wait to get a glimpse of her!

2. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    Check out post 26. There are some pictures there.

3. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Melli is like that with Shay and the puppy. If she gets a bite and they get a bite she gets really mad they got any at all and will try to run them off.

Best to treat separately and feed well apart.

Until Cubs gets bigger (yea, laughs I know) -- I am feeding him on the counter and standing there next to him. Mel eats in the bathroom, and Shay nearby in the kitchen on the floor.

If Mel finishes before someone else, food, treat, even deciding she is done with a bone/antler, she will try to kill the others because they have something. It doesn't get better. Accommodate and keep them safe. Food aggressive is not pretty.

Welcome to photography nightmare age -- I swear the whole reason I do dog school is to STAY for pictures!

4. Skysong

Skysong Forums Regular

Mar 9, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    Yay! Congratulations! :hugs She is adorable. And I love the name! When I was picking names my first two choices were Bonnie and Lacey :biggrin2:

Lol, most of my first week of pics consisted of Bonnie napping since that was the only time she was still. Why do you think I taught her sit? :winkgrin:

5. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    The cts already eat on the counter. Milo does stay away from her while she is eating, but then goes after her leftovers. I think I'm going to stop allowing that. I don't want him to think that Lacy's food is for him too!

6. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Oh my, she's a real little pipsqueak - so so cute.

7. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    She's a cutie alright - did you get her from a breeder in Calgary up until a couple of years ago (that's where I lived for about 25 years)?

8. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    I feed all three of mine separately. Mostly because Lexi is like a vacuum cleaner and would eat her food, then Pyper's, then Kenzie's and they would let her!! I should have named her Hoover...

9. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Lacey is a real cutie pie!

10. ellenspn

ellenspn Forums Enthusiast

Jul 6, 2014
    Swamps of NE Illinois
    Adorable!!! Congrats she is a beauty!