Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Please help, i found a large bubble/sore/lump

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by Lacey'sMamma, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Lacey'sMamma

Lacey'sMamma Forums Enthusiast

Aug 29, 2010
    Brandon MB, Canada
    On my shelties inner thigh, right on the edge (think of where her knee is, its straight above that) i found what i thought was a large mat, a large blister/bubble/sore/lump thing. Its about the size of a quarter and is soft/squishey to the touch. Its very raised. It looks bloody inside. I made a vet appt for friday, just wondering what everyone thinks it is... thanks guys:( Im really worried.

2. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas
    It could be a fatty tissue "bump". Megan had one of those, I took her to the Vet, she aspirated a sample of it and found it was just fatty cells, completely benign.

3. DieDany

DieDany Forums Enthusiast

Apr 4, 2012
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    It could possibly be an inflamed hair follicle (?) Lets see what the vet says. Whatever it is I hope it will heal quickly:fl

4. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    good you made a vet appointment. keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers
    keep us posted

5. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Could be a cyst. Did it come up quickly?

6. Lacey'sMamma

Lacey'sMamma Forums Enthusiast

Aug 29, 2010
    Brandon MB, Canada

Im not really sure, she has a very thick coat and it is in a place we never reallly feel when you pet and hold her. She gets daily attention from everyone in my family of 5 in the same house, you think someone would notice. I just felt it today though, and i was the first. we are all so worried. I might post a pic tomorrow

7. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Praying for Miss Lacey. Please update us when you can. Thanks.

8. LadyMcBeth

LadyMcBeth Forums Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2010
    San Marcos TX
    Anna had a lump that eventually had to be removed, but it was benign. Boy, I was freaking out while she had it though. I documented it here with some photos...does it look like this?

http://www.sheltieforums.com/album.php?albumid=312

I hope it turns out to be more worry than danger, like my late Anna's cyst/tumor was.....

9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Vet check time -- hope it's nothing!!

10. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Is it possible she got a piece of something like a twig in under her skin? I seldom see blood in the fluid of a sebacceous cyst but it happens. It will probably be something simple. Try and leave it alone though, you can make the area quite tender by playing with it.
    Rhiannon has a cyst on her flank that was started by a faulty CC pin brush going through the skin during a brush out when she was around a year old. We've drained it a couple of times but it just refills. Now since she doesn't both it, neither do I and she will be 11 in July. I just have to remember to watch out for it when she is being groomed so that I don't irritate it. Don't beat yourself up for not noticing it sooner. Things like this can easily escape notice and you got on top of it as soon as you did find it. That tells me that you are a responsible person.