Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New - again! A little long

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by MissEllie9812, Apr 10, 2012.

1. MissEllie9812

MissEllie9812 Forums Novice

Jan 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Good morning all! My name is Sue, and I'm from Pa! I've actually been a member here for quite some time, and gotten some great information from you all (thank you for that!), I just have a hard time getting started with posts! So here goes...

I lost my beautiful 14 yr. old sheltie, Ellie on Jan. 3rd of this year, and tried to post here, but just couldn't put the words down. I miss her so much everyday - she was my first sheltie, and the love, well she will never leave my heart. I also have a 12 yr. old male, Bo who is just as sweet as he can be! He has some minor health problems, and his legs are getting weak from arthritis, but he still loves to playball & chase the bunnies when he can!

We have been so lost without Ellie, and just last week we added 2 month old female, Maya to our family! What a little speed ball she is! Cute as a button, and crazy as a loon, but isn't that the way with most puppies? Now, poor Bo, who by now is used to a more sedentary lifestyle, is wondering what he did to deserve this disruption to his quiet walks, peaceful naps and uninterrupted meal times! Although I'm doing everything I can to keep this introduction somewhat slow & comfortable for him, Maya has other ideas at times! Bo has been quite good, tho, keeping his distance, and only grumbling at her once or twice!
    Maya is learning quickly how to sit & lie down, but stay is still a little hard for this rambunctous little furball! We spend several short training sessions daily, and many outdoor potty breaks, and very fast trips around the yard, and I know that she will soon become the great little sweet heart that all of us here know and love!
    Sorry this is so long, once I get started on my "kidz", I'm off & running - just like my shelties! Hope to get to know you soon!

2. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Welcome to the forums Sue. So glad you've decided to post. :smile2:

Deciding to post instead of lurking was one of the best decisions I've ever made. There are so many wonderful people on these forums that in addition to all the great information they provide, I also feel like I have a second family. One comprised of crazy dog people like myself. :)

So sorry to hear about the loss of your Ellie, its never easy to lose a beloved family member, especially your heart dog.

But congrats on the addition of your little sheltie girl, I hope she and Bo are able to fill some of the void and help with the pain of your loss. :sadsmile:

3. Meldor

Meldor Forums Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2011
    Ottawa
    Welcome Sue!

I am sorry for your loss. Our family beagle passed away on Jan 9th this year at 14.5 years of age. It is hard to watch them go.

Also welcome to your new addition, I am sure your older one will take good care of his little sister. He'll get used to her rambunctious energy and will teach him all he knows :).

Looking forward to reading more about your little ones!

4. Toffee's Mom

Toffee's Mom Forums Sage

Aug 31, 2009
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Welcome, welcome!
    Thank you for sharing your story with us, it's a privilege to hear about sweet Ellie, who is now at the rainbow bridge. I am sorry for your loss.

I am also looking forward to hear all about the little loon's antics, and her sweet, older brother!

Shelties are THE best :winkgrin:

5. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Welcome to the Sheltie Nation! It is great to have you join us! I am over the boarder of PA in Hunterdon County NJ.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Ellie. That is always so heartbreaking.

If you feel like writing a little remembrance of Ellie, please feel free to start a thread in the Sheltie Angels section of our forum. Here is the link to that section:
    http://sheltieforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Please don't feel pressured or obligated to write something in that section. I just wanted you to know that it is an option if you feel like getting your feelings out.

Again, welcome to the posting side of the Sheltie Nation. I can't wait to hear more about your new little fluffball!

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Welcome:smile2:
    we love pix- you must already know that:wink2::yes:

7. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    Welcome to the forum!! Callie's Mom beat me to it, but we do love pictures. Especially of PUPPIES!!!

8. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    Welcome to the forum! I too lurked for a long time. So sorry you lost Ellie in January. Looking forward to seeing pics of your new puppy and her big brother.

9. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    hiya and welcome.
    so sorry about Ellie.
    look forward to getting to know you and Bo and Maya
    we need pictures, lots of them

10. mellie

mellie Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2011
    East Coast
    Welcome from a former lurker...I still have to remind myself to post. Sorry about your loss-most surely you are honoring her by adding another pup to your heart.