Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by cmaster, Jul 21, 2014.

1. cmaster

cmaster Forums Regular

Jul 21, 2014
    southern Indiana
    I'm so excited to find all of you. We've had sheltie babies for 27 years now. Our first sheltie was Laddie. We got him when our daughter was 3, and he lived to be 12. We always refer to him as "the old man". He and my daughter were inseparable as she was growing up. After Laddy left us, we got Lacey, who is now 13. She was an angel from day one, the perfect little girl. Thyroid problems have thinned her once thick, lush coat, and she has reoccurring problems with diarrhea, and we know that our time with her limited at her age, but she is still a sweetheart and playful, and we cherish every minute with her. Then there's Molly, our clown. Molly is 9, but every thinks she's only 3 or 4. She is the stinker in the family, but I tell her she makes me laugh so that's ok.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and their furbabies!

2. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Welcome...glad you have joined us! :smile2:

How special for your daughter to grow up with Laddie. Dogs teach so many life lessons...and also sadly teach about death when their time with us is over...all lessons that are important for a child to learn.

Your Lacey sounds like a really precious soul. Is she on meds for her thyroid condition?

And every family needs a Molly to keep them laughing. These wonderful little ones are such a joy.

Trini

3. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Welcome - it is always great to hear of the senior Shelties. And the seniors who are still kids at heart.

Don't forget to share pictures of your precious ones.

4. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Hi cmaster, welcome to Sheltie Nation, you've landed on the best spot on this big ole' "www". I am living in Florida now, but am myself a good 'ole Southern Hoosier, lived in Indiana for 40 years, just couldn't take the cold any more. Lacey and Molly sound like wonderful little baby's and yes, love, love, love the seniors. As they age they become such blessings in our lives, total BFF's, total companions and total and unconditional love. What more can we ask for? Look forward to seeing pictures of your baby's. :smile2:

5. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    Welcome to the forum, cmaster. We love to see pictures of Shelties. :smile2:

6. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Welcome! Molly sounds like my kind of girl.. I like the troublemakers :wink2:.

7. cmaster

cmaster Forums Regular

Jul 21, 2014
    southern Indiana
    I'll post pics when I figure out how to do it. Takes me a while.

8. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    If you are a premium member, you can post to the thread. If not, post to a web picture sharing site (Shutterfly, Photobucket) and then post the link.

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    welcome:smile2:
    we love pix:yes: