Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

collapsible crate

Discussion in 'Agility' started by melbell, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    I bought Missy a soft-sided crate for the motel when we had an overnight stay. I tried using it at flyball practice, but I was afraid she was going to scratch a hole in it. She barks and carries on.. "my turn, my turn!".

This is the one I got. I got it because it had less mesh than the one Corbinam has. It does have a little clip to "lock" the zipper. It's a pretty good crate. I don't think it has loops to secure it to the ground with stakes though.

http://amzn.com/B000YA9GRY

2. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    Thanks! I really like that too since he wont be able to see a lot. I have a feeling he's going to be a "my turn my turn" kind of dog. That's how Honey is and it's just a pain to crate her so she only gets it when needed, like for walk throughs, but I've never gone to a trial by myself with her so even then she's not put in one. The only dog I've done solo is my mom's yorkie and he's fine in a crate lol.

I think I'll test run him in my mom's soft crate and see if he tries to break out or if he's fine. He has a metal crate at home he uses when we're at work or to sleep and leaves it alone, minus the pan in it which I think he uses his feet to scratch holes in.

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    dog people look out for each other. most of the time, I don't even lock the car at trials.
    I bought new soft crates (Elitefield) last year through Amazon. I have pix of our setup.
    I put out the ground mat and put the crates on it- then two expens around the mat. most of the time the xpens are not fully opened but they keep the puppers confined. I do cover the crates so that they don't react to everything that goes by the area.
    Jocu has also had his plastic crate at shows until he got the new soft crate too.

4. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Gosh, I never thought of a full-on "camp".

Anyone ever go for a small tent? I have a small "two man" tent I use to confine the dogs outside while camping so I don't have to constantly mind them. I also have an even smaller (Sassy Tent) I used for the cats in hotel rooms and Melli certainly would fit in that. Those certainly are more portable than even collapsed crates and take mere minutes to set up. They are also able to be staked to the ground.

Glad to hear everyone looks out for everyone's dogs.

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    we have an EZ-UP too for trials that we can't crate under the arena roof:wink2: