Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

PA agility weekend

Discussion in 'Agility' started by Calliesmom, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so the brown dogs were in an AKC agility trial this weekend while we're on vacation in PA.

Dixie was in Open JWW and Exc Std on both days.

Cranberry was in Nov JWW both days and T2B on Sunday.

It was a two ring trial running at the same time. I actually don't like those as I end up having a conflict between Std and Jumpers- either her jumpers or Cran's.

so we walked std and then walked nov jumpers. then we ran nov jumpers and Cran only ran around 2 jumps and did not knock any bars.
    He got first place in his class- I was so proud of him. we've really been working on jumping.

well, Dixie also qualified in jumpers- she got second in her class.

we didn't do so well in std- she knocked bars both days.

Sunday, we were a little more stressed about the ring conflict and when I went to move her down in the std ring, she was next and the jumpers ring was still on 8" dogs so we went ahead and ran in std and then went to jumpers. so we knocked bars in both rings. Cran had already gone in nov jumpers and he knocked a bar but I'm not sure why. he also ran around a few more jumps in that run.

Cran also knocked a bar in T2B- he did the rest of that run well.
    I was very happy with our weekend.

Pix and vids to come- we got video of most of the runs.....

2. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Sounds like you had a successful weekend even if you didn't Q everything. It's great to see training pay off.

I've learned with multi-ring trial to always assume a conflict and if I end up not having one so much the better. It helps eliminate stress for me.

So, what did you think of the facility?

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yes, it was a good weekend. both dogs had good startline stays, good weaves and good teeters.
    I saw quite a few dogs that broke their stays and other issues.....

yeah- we've always had a conflict with simultaneous rings but I still don't like it......
    If Dixie were in Exc Jww, then she wouldn't also be in conflict with std- it would just be Cran. having both their jww conflicting with std is tough. sometimes, I don't even know which dog to get out first:rolleyes2:

the facility is really nice- that part was pretty cool. we actually went down Thu night to get in a practice- that was pretty cool that we could do that too. I'm kinda jealous- would love to have someplace like that near us:yes:

4. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    Okay, I gotta ask, what facility were you at? Sounds like a fun vacation :biggrin2: Sounds like the dogs worked well for you even though no Q.

5. Mitchy

Mitchy Forums Enthusiast

Oct 22, 2012
    Idaho, USA
    sounds like a great weekend, can't wait to see the pics and videos!! also sounds like such a nice facility

6. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    I hope she doesn't mind me answering for her...

She was at B&D Creekside Activity Center, the facility in Latrobe where the majority of the Southwestern PA trials are held. Unfortunately I wasn't registered for that particular AKC show and it wasn't possible to run out to say hello due to other obligations we had that weekend.

I absolutely LOVE this facility. I'll actually be there this weekend for a CPE trial.

7. melbell

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    aww she was right by us! Love B&D! I was thinking either PISA or B&D. Best part about us moving back to PA is more agility trials :biggrin2: Around here, outdoor shows only or really cramped one ring places. :ick

8. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Sounds like an awesome weekend! We will be at B&D in a couple weeks. Love that place!

9. melbell

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    :eek2: are you doing labor day weekend?

10. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Did you decide to enter WCOTC's trial? *fingers crossed* I just received my confirmation today.