Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello from Alabama

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by GarryB, Mar 13, 2014.

1. GarryB

GarryB Forums Novice

Mar 13, 2014
    Birmingham, AL
    Hello from Alabama. We are new to the forum. We have a new puppy in our house. We are long time sheltie owners. Our first sheltie "Aaron's Millenium Derby Patroit" or Derby as we called him was with us from July 2000 until August of 2013. It was a very sad day in our household when we had to have him put down.
    However my wife started looking for a new sheltie and in February we found her. We purchased our new puppy from a breeder in Kentucky. Our little girl is a blue merle named Kelly's Blue Grits (Girl raised in the south) and we call her Grits. She is 13 weeks old an weighs in at 9.2lbs. Tomorrow March 14 will be 2 weeks since we brought her home.
    It has been a long time since we had a puppy in the house! I will post a picture when I figure out how to do it.
    Garry

2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Welcome! Sounds like having a new little one is going well for you. Congrat's!

You can post a link to another photo hosting site or as a premimum member you can post right to your posts. We follow links just fine though you do have to make sure privacy settings allow viewing.

3. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Hello FROM Alabama :biggrin2: We are north up in Huntsville however in two weekends will be near you over in Shocco Springs running Flyball. It might be a bit loud for a puppy as there will be a ton of barking but if you want to come and watch it is free. Not that I am trying to recruit more Shelties mind you but there are numerous B'ham teams :hide

4. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Oh and before my alabama cohort can post ..... we love pictures :biggrin2:

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    welcome from south Alabama:smile2:
    we do love pix:yes:

6. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Hello GaryB, Grits and the rest of your family. Welcome to Sheltie Nation from Central Florida. I am so very sorry to hear of your loss of your boy, Derby, they all hold such special places on our hearts and take that piece with them when we have to say goodbye. Sounds like you found a real sweetheart, we can't wait to see pictures of your newest family member. :smile2:

7. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Hi Garry...A warm welcome from cold upstate NY to you and and to wee Grits.

I am sorry for the loss of your Derby...saying good-bye is so very hard. But a puppy in the house will definitely liven things up and keep you busy.

Looking forward to pictures of your new little one.

Trini

8. Laddie's Mom

Laddie's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    Welcome to SN from New Zealand

9. windy

windy Forums Regular

Apr 26, 2013
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Hi GarryB, Welcome from Tuscaloosa. Congratulations on the Grits girl. Being a transplanted Yankee, I don't care for grits, but I'll make an exception in your case. :smile2:

I have my first Sheltie, also a blue merle, a 1 1/2 year old male named Blithe Spirit. It had been 17 years since I had a puppy, so I feel your pain in getting used to the chaos.

Have fun with your sweet girl.

10. GarryB

GarryB Forums Novice

Mar 13, 2014
    Birmingham, AL
    Grits pictures

All I posted four links to pictures of Grits in the Fuzzy Photo section.
    Garry