Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New Jersey Sheltie Rescue Picnic

Discussion in 'Events' started by danisgoat, Sep 4, 2012.

1. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    The New Jersey Sheltie Rescue/Sheltie Placement Services of New Jersey is hosting their annual picnic on September 30th from 10AM - 4PM at Deer Path Park, Cedars Pavilion, Hunterdon County, Flemington, NJ.

This is such a fun event that we participate in every year. There are many games, raffles, etc. throughout the day. My favorite is the parade of rescues. There are plenty of shelties that come to this day, so plan on getting your fix on our favorite breed.

If you would like to see pictures from annual picnics of the past, please refer to this link:
    http://njsheltierescue.org/default.aspx?id=14

I hope to see many locals at this event!!!!!

-Dani

2. Lynnel

Lynnel Forums Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2011
    Oceanport, NJ
    I know I am so annoyed, everything seems to be on the sme day! Hubby's class reunion in wildwood that weekend. But have fun, it is alot of fun.

3. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Thanks....we enjoy it every year! I am sorry that you will have to miss it, but enjoy the reunion.

4. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    The Shetland Sheepdog Rescue of Georgia picnic will be held on October 21.
    Rescue # 997 (Bobby) will be attending for the 6th year. :) Thank you SSRGA for this precious dog. We will be supporting the raffle, giving demonstrations, silently auctioning, and of course, eating, petting rescue dogs, exchanging tips and tricks and spending the day in sheltie communal bliss. :)

Go New Jersey! I hope the weather treats you kindly!

I'll of course take a ton of pictures for you "the more the merrier" sheltie picture enthusiasts, and will come back to link to previous years photo albums.

5. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    Ughhh I want to go, but I signed up for an agility trial that day. If I would've known I would've entered Saturday instead of Sunday. Saturday is full, so I can't switch :(

6. copper5228

copper5228 Forums Enthusiast

May 23, 2012
    Wappingers Falls, NY
    Oh man!! :( I have Breast Cancer walk that morning and an event in Bethel, CT that same day!!!!

7. Internette

Internette Forums Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2012
    Florida
    ooo I want to go to one of these things? Do any of these go on in Florida? Probably too hot here huh?

8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I'm sure that Sunchaser's group has rescue get togethers (MId FL Sheltie Rescue)...........

9. dblock

dblock Forums Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2011
    philadelphia
    I would go, but, I don't have transportation to get there

10. LaurGold

LaurGold Forums Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    suffern, ny
    Hope to make it!

We live about an hour and 20 away, but we're hoping to bring little Bailey to meet the other shelties - he lovesss other dogs, but he hasn't met any shelties yet!