Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Should I bother to groom?

Discussion in 'Show Grooming' started by Mom2Melli, Mar 15, 2014.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Grinch feet might affect traction, wild ears intimidates the lesser dogs (or so Sca says)

2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    I found it fascinating that I actually groomed her like a Persian. Toe tufts off trimmed off, pixie ear tips pinch-plucked to present a good front edge, thinning some of the tophead and inside the ears. She wasn't THAT bad, except with toe tufts. Feathers are nicely combed. I do have a couple wisps at the hock but I overwhelmed her this weeknd. She's always combed nicely and bathed every couple months or for something like a public appearance. She is quite short-coated,but that is her not me. Now she's blowing undercoat so for a bit that will be a task to clean up. Her nails are finally in good shape as she has really learned I can do a good job and won't hurt her.

Now for the actual training part!

PS -- it was on SheepOfBlue's video that made me go "Oh, Melli has no crazy ears!" I really liked the flyball videos which then linked me over to Crufts Heelwork To Music & Freestyle which I spent the rest of the evening watching!

3. Bradt9881

Bradt9881 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2014
    Fayetteville, NC
    I just bought my beginner book on Amazon lol.