Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New thread for Transport help requested: TN to KY

Discussion in 'Volunteers Needed' started by Emma, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Emma

Emma Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2011
    Kentucky
    If all goes as planned Emma and I will have a new fur gal in our home!! I am very excited!! I wanted to open our home and hearts to a rescue Sheltie and as I was researching and talking to a Sheltie rescue about several on their site; I was told of one little girl who was not on the site yet but would be a perfect fit for my family; ie: LOVES KIDS!! (Grandson).

She is almost 5 yrs old, was rescued from a puppy mill and she was pregnant. She had her litter at the end of December and is almost ready to be adopted out! I was told she never meets a stranger (well socialized for being in a puppy mill), great with kids (foster mom has kids) and very lovable (they all are!!!).

She is being spayed this week. They told me once she is spayed this week, they will send someone to do a home inspection on my home and then we can set the date for the adoption!!

I will gladly travel to get her myself, but thought I would ask if there is anyone that would be willing to help me in her transport to her new forever home with Emma and me. Her name is Noelle…but I am changing it to Grace Noelle Rose (Gracie). She is in Memphis Tennessee and I am in Lexington, Kentucky which is about 6 ½ hours one way for me. I will hopefully know by the end of this week when we will be able to finalize the adoption and go get her (she needs to heal and I need home inspection :eek:) )

Would anyone (or several) be willing to help to get Gracie to her new home when I am given the OK that she is ready to meet her new forever family? Thank you in advance!

Cindy

2. Emma

Emma Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2011
    Kentucky
    Update: Still needing help on transport. I think one leg may be taken care from from Memphis, TN to Holladay, TN....if we could get her to Nashville, TN that would be a big help. Anyone??

I thought I was going to get her this Sunday...but it has been delayed; she was spay today and right after she woke up she chewed out the stitches!!! So...it will be next week sometime or next weekend.