Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Soft Bite Floppy Discs

Discussion in 'Toys' started by corbinam, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    that was last November- he's a handsome boy now:winkgrin:
    pic was a couple weeks ago at the Birmingham trial...

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    did you see this frisbee on Clean Run- looks interesting.......

3. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Don't let her fool you Sca the frisbee machine was giving it to Destin. And to Cranberry and Jocu. He used to give it to Spitfire but now he has to work for it.

Spitfire caught the fullsize once but might be able to catch the little one better.

Oh and Sca is currently officially a big foam flyball Sheltie but we are switching him to tennis balls as the foam ones are $$$ and harder to get. I think he will transistion fine and has started to. Spitfire can actually bring back a tennis ball but it is more a case of Sca can so I can than anything else :lol:

4. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    If Missy can use regular tennis balls, Sca can too :winkgrin:. We never even bothered with foam balls, and it's made life easier because we don't have to worry if the boxloader has enough balls for her. I think she's the only Sheltie in our region who uses regular balls.. meh. She can still bark fine with the ball in her mouth :lol:.

http://bit.ly/15Q14Yv

The bigger Frisbees work for us, but I can see how a smaller sheltie might have issues tripping over it or something. Like I said, I find the bigger ones easier to tug with because there's more Frisbee to grab.

5. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Thanks for the reminder! I sell them at my store and actually forgot about them.

The chuckits are good too, btw. But more expensive, but will last longer.

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    love the pic- awesome shot:yes:

7. cookieP

cookieP Forums Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Spartanburg, SC
    Has anyone ever tried the Chuckit Zipflight? It comes in a small size that is perfect for Cookie and it is soft material, very easy on the gums and quite durable. You can get them on amazon or chewy for $6.50…They float in water and fly really great. I have a soft bite too that Cookie likes quite a bit but this one is his favorite. They are also readily available in PetsMart for a little more (like $8.99).

Here is Cookie with his ZipFlight:
    http://instagram.com/p/nu9QD6lGQI/?modal=true

8. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Yep i have the large one for the big dogs. Celtic didnt mind is size at all. Here are pictures of him with Birch at 12weeks. We got a small one last week as the other one was a bit beat up.

Attached Files:

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Celtic looks pretty proud of that new toy:yes:

10. cookieP

cookieP Forums Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Spartanburg, SC
    Celtic is soooo cute! Ahhhhhh how adorable!!! Birch of course is beautiful as well...