Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

What Supplements for 6 month puppy

Discussion in 'Treats & Supplements' started by Poedogruns, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Poedogruns

Poedogruns Forums Regular

Feb 21, 2012
    Illinois
    While reading over on the commercial food threads, I came across a posting about having a high quality food as well as high quality supplements. Stella gets a quality, high protein kibble that I am happy with, but what supplements do you use? Shouldn't the kibble have the required nutrition?

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
  3. Will

Will Forums Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2010
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Here is a big seconding for "VIBRANT PETS".

4. ClantyreSheltie

ClantyreSheltie Forums Sage

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    None. Generalized supplements are unnecessary if the dog is on a good quality diet. Especially 6 month old puppies.

5. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Agreed with Clanty!

I'm fine with supplements when dogs get older and needing extra support for skin conditions, hip and joints, etc.

But a 6 month old puppy? I'm on the page of feeding a good quality food as the starting point.

When feeding reward treats, however, you can move away from standard treats and offer treats that are supplemented with ingredients like pumpkin, sweet potatoe, omega 3 and 6, etc. etc. etc. The list is endless.