Go Back   Sheltie Forums > Sheltie Talk > Sheltie Chat > Fuzzy Photo Updates
Become a Premium Member Rules Support Sheltie Nation Member Map

Notices

View First Unread View First Unread  
Old Jul 29, 2014, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkzoo View Post
Thanks - I do have a digital kitchen one - will have to see if I can modify (and tare) the base to make it work.

Heading to bed now - 10:50 outing was a successful pee! :)
You could always use your bathroom scale--- weigh yourself, then weigh yourself holding the pup. The difference being the pup's weight. I do this to check my cats' weights.
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson's Mom View Post
You could always use your bathroom scale--- weigh yourself, then weigh yourself holding the pup. The difference being the pup's weight. I do this to check my cats' weights.
I tried that right after we brought him home. It was exactly 5lbs difference, which my husband thought was too heavy. 2 days later at his first vet visit he weighed in at 3lbs 2oz. So...my bathroom scale is funky. Maybe time to buy a new one?
Misses terribly "Trace", bi-blue angel 5/31/09-1/26/14
Old Jul 29, 2014, 09:27 AM

I used to have my husband hold the shepherd to weight but found a sit stay worked great. Melli, same thing, my scale is spot on in a sit/stay. Cubby at the vet was exactly what I weighed him at home too.

Yes, he is really light for that weight. He came with a belly full of worms which were removed on 7/12. Next time I go in I will have a re-do fecal to make sure there is not something else. Since then I have also upped his food and he is gaining fast. He is very tall and rangy rather than short and plump. From above he used to dip in on the sides, now more of a straight line. He does not have any extra plumpness but he also now has padding on the ribs.
Shaman Von Raesfeld - GSD Mix 02/06/11-- Aussies at Bridge: Quasar, Holly, & Mayson
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkzoo View Post
I tried that right after we brought him home. It was exactly 5lbs difference, which my husband thought was too heavy. 2 days later at his first vet visit he weighed in at 3lbs 2oz. So...my bathroom scale is funky. Maybe time to buy a new one?
Man, I wish my scale was weighing me two pounds heavy! But no, sadly my cats always end up being right where my scale says they are. Rats!!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 01:00 PM

You know, my Quasar was beyond special. Heart like a black hole of love, old soul filled with nothing but kindness, not the brightest bulb on the string but loved people with something so rare and wonderful. Hol was a pistol and wired to bite first and ask questions later. Mayson was distant but rock solid and amazing like a bodyguard always detached but always protective and accepting of anything or anyone I would throw at him. Shay is intuitive and sensitive but it is painful how scared of the world he is and just breaks my heart to watch him try to navigate outside our safe home. Melli is very different. My opinionated, loving, dominant, very smart girl who did everything I asked but longed for nothing more than a soft pillow to lay on in a home and a plate of food. I brought her home a year ago this week, and I think she deserves that soft bed and peace after who knows what life she led before me, clearly being a brood momma and speaking Spanish, and for her working SO hard at dog school and the CGC.

Cubby, well, he is still so young, but he is entirely different from anything I have had. I can't wait to see what adult personality he develops into and I have plans and more plans for him. He seems quirky, like the guy with a great sense of humor who likes to be the life of the party. I can't wait to start working him and watching his mind mature formally. The best part is he can look any way he comes. It's the fun personality I am excited about. I am looking for the little road warrior to have some fun with it, and he's working on it, we are growing up. Soon. We will be leashed on the world soon enough, Bat Sheltie and side-kick Cara.
Shaman Von Raesfeld - GSD Mix 02/06/11-- Aussies at Bridge: Quasar, Holly, & Mayson
Old Jul 29, 2014, 04:29 PM

Clara was a year old before she reached ten pounds. I guess I've just got a tiny one.